All in the Family Cars

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a few. My Dad in his jeep, right when the air filter feel off and it throwed a rod. '70. My 49 Dodge, in '73, Pops 58 in about '62, 64 Chevy in '72, 55 Pontiac and '56 Chevy in '65, Pops Jeep in it's final resting place, '65 Travelall and Jeep before Padre Island, my first VW, and the old post office and old dodge truck in '73. Not real old cars but thats all the pics I got without going thru and scanning another thousand or so 35mm slides. That's all.

Attachments

• 43 jeep.jpg
    43 jeep.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 49 dodge in 73.jpg
    49 dodge in 73.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 58 chevy.jpg
    58 chevy.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 64 chevy 427 in 72.jpg
    64 chevy 427 in 72.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 48
  • farm 55, 56.jpg
    farm 55, 56.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 48
  • resting jeep.jpg
    resting jeep.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 51
  • Travelall, jeep '70.jpg
    Travelall, jeep '70.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 50
  • vw.jpg
    vw.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 56
  • vulcan,va.73.jpg
    vulcan,va.73.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 49
Mrs Tripper's Mom & my Pops & his motorsickle!

BoB

Attachments

• annacar47.jpg
    annacar47.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 58
  • SR&bike.jpg
    SR&bike.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 59
All of these pictures are just so cool. It proves that since the car began someone's always had a passion for some sort of car. Just amazing !!!!!

I love all these old fotos & Mrs Tripper always kids me that all my family fotos are with cars in the background! Yep... that's so true... it was a big thing to have a nice car after the war & my Dad was no exception! He had a string of cars & pictures of the fam on the fender! And most garages back then were one-holers since hardly anyone had more than one car!

BoB

My aunt, don't know who the Pontiac woody belonged to but I sure would love to have that car now.

Aunt & uncles 60 Pontiac. Thing sure have changed in that area since this photo was taken in the late 60's. Aunt & uncle are long gone....that used to be a farmers field behind the garage, now it's packed with new homes.

My grandpa with one of his many fords that he had over the years. He loved the flathead ford!

My 1st car... err... station wagon! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

LOL I had the little Jeep from Sky King back in those days. There's a pic somewhere, but I have no idea where! Must be in a box with all the other old pics I haven't seen in years... I figure I'll dig into it when I get old. :D

Found a few more...

This was my first ride. 1942 made by Ford for the war effort. Wish I had the brass dash plate. Delivered to U.S. Army June 6, 1942. Every bolt on it had the Ford embossed. Pix were taken in 1967. I was 16 and my Pop had signed for me at 15 to buy it. I learned alot about mechanicing on that one...

Latest posts

Back