Studebaker Show

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!

Hopped in the Anglia and went to a show sponsored by the Studebaker Club about 20 miles up the road.
Here's the chopped Plymmie my son sold a couple years ago. We kept my grandson (pictured).

First, my grandson's picks: Looks like he's gonna be okay.

He liked the eagle on this rear end under a Model A coupe.

'37 Stude 3-wheeled trike a baker. Rough but very interesting. Built by an inventor type guy.

The Trike-a-baker has this trubocharged flathead 6 in it. This engine set Bonneville records in a more conventional Studebaker.

Rear suspension & chain drive set up.

No tricks, just a sweet tall T.

Just, simply, nice.

And now folks, time for some Studies.

A big mother, but nicely done. Maybe, nix the nerf?

Down in front and add a Big Block. Neat as is though.

Look, a Meadow Lark!

Here's my Best of Show pick. It was almost too perfect. Nice to see it driven in the gravel and grass.

A factory chopped Hudson with Twin H-Power.

Okay, here's the mystery car. First person to guess correctly gets to pat himself on the back. Unless he has a bad rotator cuff. What is it???

Correcto mundo, Undercover Customs. But there's a little bit more to the car make/miodel.

Flipper, If I remember correclty, he joined here a while back and hung around for about 20 minutes.

Last edited:
StudeShow2014028.jpg

A factory chopped Hudson with Twin H-Power.

I've always been miffed why people say cars are factory chopped. I get the reasoning, but I don't consider any car "factory chopped" since no metal cutting was done. Just because Ford made an uglier product with a larger greenhouse, doesn't make this one chopped [ddd (there's more than a little tongue in cheek there :) )

I love that Chevy gasser! And that Lark [dr

Yep, the Rebel has "The Machine" tags on it.

snopro, New caption: "Hudson designed and built this model with a "chopped top" look compared to most other cars of that time period." I don't want to "miff off" any of our RRR members. Especially Albertans who don't have much to cheer for, hockeywise.:D

The Chevy Gasser is very much a finished, detailed street rod with a gasser look. First class work all the way.

The Lark is too cool. I was hoping it would follow me home.

Yep, the Rebel has "The Machine" tags on it.

snopro, New caption: "Hudson designed and built this model with a "chopped top" look compared to most other cars of that time period." I don't want to "miff off" any of our RRR members. Especially Albertans who don't have much to cheer for, hockeywise.:D

The Chevy Gasser is very much a finished, detailed street rod with a gasser look. First class work all the way.

The Lark is too cool. I was hoping it would follow me home.

Much better, bob. Lucky I'm not a hockey fan :eek:

I bet the gasser is cool, but being a well finished street rod almost loses some appeal for me. Gasser's should be rough around the edges and go fast!

Snopro you have a miffing way of explaining cool greenhouse glass requirements.
I partly agree with you though; I don't cheer for anyone in hockey and the Hudson is cool for a four door. I think you've maybe watched the movie Cars too many times.

A very worthy activity, snopro. I'll bet you play with snow machines the other 10 months a year.

This one coulda made some smoke at the Studie show. But, not allowed.

I'm gonna tag on to my Studie Show thread with some pics from the every Thursday night picnic at Greg's house. Usually around 30 people and 20 cool cars there. I've shown a number of them in the past here on RRR. So I'll just post some of the ones not seen before.

A less desirable year but I like 'em.

I'm not much of a custom guy but this could change my mind.

A blown Willys. Yum Yum

Front of the custom.

'Nother Olds.

Late model junk. I better take that back. It's a nice GTO.

A beautifully detailed "Y" block in this sweetheart.

Latest posts

Back