Kind of a car show.......

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torchie

Living close to major North/South highway has it's benefits. A couple of car shows going on near me means that I have seen lots of vintage tin on the roads the past few days. Especialy with the Biggie in St Iggy going on this weekend.
Grabed a few shots of these cars closer to home. They are part of a equipment auction that takes place tomorrow.
I talked with the guy that built the Dodge. 318/727 trans combo. Used a ranger frame.
The Pontiac is fairly straight as is the 57 4door.
The Model A is rough but we have all seen worse. Home made frame that isn't bad but the front and rear axle mounting is suspect.:eek:
You can just catch a glimpse of the AD GMC pickup in the background. Pretty rough but cab looks usable. All have paperwork but the model A.
Also lots of old sleds and some tractors,trailers and many more newer cars.
I would have got more pics but my camera batteries died.
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 111
Torchie ,

The trouble I have with Northern Michigan is you hear about these auctions AFTER they happen ........

Oldog

I don't know how this one was advertised Oldog. Oher than a sign in front of the shop. They have had one there every year for about 3 or 4 years now.
Our local dinner usualy has auction flyers but there doesn't seem to be much going on this summer.
Torchie.

Yeah DR. The Pontiac was a boat for sure. Looked to be in decent shape though.
I don't know what any of them sold for as I didn't attend the auction the next day.
Torchie.

It's cool that you have those kinds of auctions up there, we never have anything like that here. Do they usually go cheap or high ?

That model a would make a cool rod.

Don

It's cool that you have those kinds of auctions up there, we never have anything like that here. Do they usually go cheap or high ?

That model a would make a cool rod.

Don

Well Don.Just like most auctions the stuff that you would expect to bring in the $$$$$$ doesn't always. And the stuff that should go cheap will bring in $$$$$$$$ [S
The Model A was rough but we have all started with and seen worse. The frame rails were built and useable but the suspension was sketchy to say the least. And of all the cars it was the one that didn't have any paperwork for it.
Auctions seem to be getting fewer up here as well. I can remember when I would go to 3 on just a Saturday alone.
Torchie.

Latest posts

Back