Hello Rat Rod Nation

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everybody, my name's Steve and I'm from the south metro, Minnesota. I'm trying to immerse myself in the Rat Rod community, whoever and wherever it may be, as my dad and I launch our magazine. (RatRodMagazine.com)

I'm fairly new to the scene, but I've caught the bug from my dad who is a lifelong stock car driver and rod builder. I've always liked the creative side of hot rodding and the whole rat concept fits me perfectly. I absolutely love it.

I'd like to make sure everyone knows I'm participating here out of my own personal interest, and not just in the interest of my magazine. (although this whole magazine launch has taken over my life, let me tell ya)

Can't wait to explore... see what kind of rods are out there and what people are doing with them. Christmas in January for me!

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I look forward to participating here.

Welcome to the site. You will know everything there is to know if you just hang out here a few years. And if we have not covered it yet, you can always ask.

another guy from the real "iceland" yeah there are plenty of shows up here i go to 5 a week in the spring, summer and fall a few of the steiners are on here

I've heard about the Frankenstein group, but haven't met anyone yet. One thing I'm trying to find is a list of Rat Rod clubs... does anything like this exist? I think it would be interesting to see how groups are spread out across country. (sorry, its the journalist in me)

Well good luck to ya! I gotta wonder if you picked the wrong group to sell to since most rat rodders are cheap or broke. :D

Its definitely NOT about the money... its about promoting the genre. If you want to make money, don't start a magazine! ;)

I was amazed there was no dedicated rat rod magazine out there, so I decided to make one. Whether we sell 1 or 1 million, they're gonna be cool. They'll also be very affordable. Its just a way to work with my dad (which I really enjoy) and pouring our passion into something.

yeah i would fo sho support your mag, thats just what we need in MN

as for the rat rod clubs i know of a few in the area :Frankensteiners, PeckerHeadz and there is an up and coming one that is searching for members that i saw on craigslist

ive been lookin at starting my own with no standards just for fun and for cruisin and shows

Sounds good to me bud
402471-1.gif
How about a big readers ride section with big pix instead of the standard little bitty ones? Lotsa reader participation.
Lotsa get together promotions. Lotsa interveiws with people like Tripper, Bonehead,Gastrick,DonsRods,BobW,TiredIron :D And the last suggestion is
if there must be pinups, please not the same old disgusting ****** the
other mags use. :D

mopar - thanks!

earthman - with ya there brother... our magazine is very artistic and visually appealing (I'll post stuff here as its finished) and I would love to get some characters from the forums to contribute. We're working on a babe section too, it won't disappoint.

Latest posts

Back