Tires

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vht

I've been looking for a 30in tall tire for the rear of my Dodge. I looked for a 285/70/15 but it seems nobody makes them anymore. I can get a 275/60 on it but they are 28in. Anyone know of anything that don't cost a mint? I'm not going to have a OD trans, and my rearend has a 3.42 gear. Trying to keep the rpm down when I have to hit the interstate.

All I see in that size is a light duty truck tire. The generals have a good tread pattern, don't know what ply they are.

A 28 inch tire will get you 60 mph at 2500 rpms if you have a 350 turbo trans ..your in the same shape im in .. im going to get me some 308 gears and swap mine out .. with 308 gears i will be doing about 72 ish at 2500 RPMS just a thought you can change gears in the rear end to help out ..

Just went through this on my father-in-laws T-bucket project. Found 265/75-15 to be a good choice, 30.5 inches tall and fit great on an 8 inch rim and its still a standard load range tire. We got Cooper Discovery H/T. Decent looking tread ( no mud tire look) 265/75-15 on the back and 215/75-15 on the front. $135 a tire for the back and $110 for the fronts. There are several other companies that sell this size combo. Hope this helps.[;)

http://www.mustangtek.com/calculator/calculator.html

some body on here gave me this link,, I love it !!!! if you know the gears you have and how tall your tire is this will tell you how fast and what RPMs your going to do ... Thank you to who ever give this link to me ... Maybe you already know what you have , or the formula to figure it out , but I didnt so this was a huge help to me . as far as I know the 350 turbo gears are 1st 2.52 2nd 1.52 and 3rd is 1.00

All I see in that size is a light duty truck tire. The generals have a good tread pattern, don't know what ply they are.

I run 31x10.5R15's on my 46 because I refuse to buy 285/70/15 Silvertowns from Coker that wear prematurely.

I don't remember the brand of mine. They might be coopers or something else, but they're a touring style tire so they have a lower load range and a less aggressive tread pattern. I don't think anyone has noticed that they're SUV/Truck tires, and I think they look great. They're about the same size as the 285/70. Just look at different offerings in that size and you should be able to find one that has the pattern you're looking for.

I've been looking for a 30in tall tire for the rear of my Dodge. I looked for a 285/70/15 but it seems nobody makes them anymore. I can get a 275/60 on it but they are 28in. Anyone know of anything that don't cost a mint? I'm not going to have a OD trans, and my rearend has a 3.42 gear. Trying to keep the rpm down when I have to hit the interstate.

I just noticed you're running 3.42's. That's what my rear gears are as well.

Latest posts

Back