Another what would you do thread.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting this on Saturday

1954 Pontiac Chieftain 4 dr, no eng, no trans, no bumpers or grille, but ...

00h0h_5WINIRWEzgu_600x450_zps9140803c.jpg

00f0f_7sPhYi8gJ03_600x450_zpsbaf3b760.jpg

00a0a_3p8laiagVlW_600x450_zpsd7b57740.jpg

00x0x_dyAsNlWwjRu_600x450_zpsec94acfd.jpg

01515_hPBv1gIIiQx_600x450_zpsb354dc23.jpg

Sure, I'd rather have a 2 dr coupe, but this one needs a new home and someone to take care of it. Clean clear title, so one step ahead! :)

Your place has a lot in common with mine. I've recently purchased a 47 chevy coupe. Looks like you'll be havin some fun with the Pontiac.

Very cool old Poncho.....

Dang man....you must have acres of property to store this myriad of stuff...but you are right....Lots of cool stuff....more doors can be cool too..... :D

Thanks guys! :)

Friend of mine had this place for rent just over 14 years ago, which makes it the longest I have ever lived anywhere! It's a crummy old mobile on 1/4 acre situated parallel to the street, so half of that is back yard, which is the main reason I moved in. Didn't even look inside the place, but saw the yard and that was all it took! Rent is cheap, which is also good. There was an awning out back which is now extended about 30 feet with extra cover, so there are three covered "work bays" and one open spot, all hidden from street view. I'll take some pics once I get it all sorted out.

The plan is to get "The Chief" running and driving asap so I can stop driving the Suburban which gets 12 mpg. Hopefully I can squeeze a bit more from this? The guy has a TH350 that was just rebuilt, so will most likely get that too, then throw a stovebolt in the front. Would love to build a gasser or lead sled out of it, but that can come later.

Anyway, pretty excited about this! Glad to hear that many agree. :cool:

The yard

As promised, here is a pic of the back yard work area taken from the back fence. Yes, it is a mess, but will get cleaned up and moved around before the new acquisition gets here on Saturday. That's the plan anyway. :D

P7150200_zpsdbdde218.jpg

Hodge Podge on the left, '54 Chevy car chassis next to that, IH cab and "stuff," and the '59 wanting to get under cover, but more junk in the way in that slot.

Hahaha!

Luckily you guys have the same biased and tired old eyes as I do! ;)

It's all GOOD mess though, and mostly useful (aka parts) hidden on the other side of the cast in this madman's movie. It's a very convenient time for the city to do their yard waste collection! Happens every three months, and once I clear out the junk, all 4 projects will have their own slot. Happy daze! :D

Hooray!

Got some stuff moved today and opened up one slot. In case anyone cares. LOL Also sold the M3 and going to look at the Chieftain tomorrow afternoon. :)

you have a mess when you have to turn side-ways more than once to make it threw your shop . but if I organize it I wont find it again for a month :D and when I do find it ,,, it was in front of me the hole time .. Guess I'm getting to much on my mind at one time ...

Yep....happens to us all....

sometimes your mind is moving way too fast.....thinking about one thing and forget where you were on another....

Exactly !!!

you have a mess when you have to turn side-ways more than once to make it threw your shop . but if I organize it I wont find it again for a month :D and when I do find it ,,, it was in front of me the hole time .. Guess I'm getting to much on my mind at one time ...

That is so true! I got organized once, put everything in boxes and containers, and couldn't find a thing! Let it organize itself into piles and it's easy! :)

sometimes your mind is moving way too fast.....thinking about one thing and forget where you were on another....

Haha, yeah. Happens all the time. Call it free entertainment? Sounds a lot better than schizophrenia or any other misguided psychologist terminology. :D

Got the Pontiac! Rear tires are totally flat and off the rims, so tomorrow it gets a set of chromies that I have that hold air. Pics to follow. $1000 with rebuilt TH350 and title and a free AAA ride home! You should have seen all the people watching it go by on the streets. :D

Latest posts

Back