Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Rat Rods & Hot Rods for sale!

Rat Rods & Hot Rods for sale! Post your cars for sale here! Please note: Photos, location & price are required!

Old 02-11-2018, 10:19 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Default 69 Ford Fairlane 500 Fastback for sale or trade

[ATTACH]fairl;ane 11.jpg[/ATTACH]Ok, guys I decided to try and either sell or trade my Fairlane for a mid 40's Ford truck or Model A rat rod. I did a lot of work to this car , but miss my old 48 F1 Ford. I am looking to possibly trade for another car or truck. I am currently looking for mid 40's Ford truck or Model a rat rod or traditional rod. I have done alot of work to this car to make it my own. It is not a show queen, that you want to restore to factory condition. Car originally came with 390 FE motor, then someone installed a tired 351 W in it. The clutch pedal is still welded to the fire wall from the old 3 on the tree column shift. I traded for the car 4 years ago, and immediately removed the 351W and installed a freshly rebuilt 460 385 series big block in it ,along with a serviced C6 automatic transmission. Lot of custom work was done to the car. Very subtle work . Hood has scoop installed along with functional louvers to aid in cooling the engine bay. Front clearance/turn signals were removed from front fenders. Side markers were installed on the side of front fenders, and turn signals relocated to front bumper. Blanks were welded where old clearance lights were.Front and rear bumprs were removed and bolts were welded to bumpers and ground smooth for a cleaner look. Hand fabricated rear spoiler was added to trunk lid, similaer to Petty's old Torino. Hand fabricated rear window louvers were built , even though Ford never made louvers for the 69 model Fairlanes, only 70 Torino's. All chrome trim around windows and door glass ,including rear view mirrors, were painted using wrinkle black paint. Interior was gutted sanded and coated with bed liner. Then, I covered floors with sound deadening material and installed new carpet. Interior is in great shape, with no leaks (air or water). All glass is in excellent condition with new seals all the way around. I fabricated a center console to house floor shifter and guages. The two center headlights were removed and turned into front cold air intake for new Edlebrock carb. Air cleaner was modified to have two snorkels for intake hoses. New brakes are on all 4 corners ,along with master cylinder. This car runs and drives very well , and stops very straight. It does have power steering. I then painted the car with single stage urethane semi gloss candy apple red and stock looking Fairlane stripes. The motor was built by a Ford guru in Jacksonville to PI specs. It has new large aluminum radiator with twin electric cooling fans. Car runs down the road at 180* all day. I have alot of photos while working on this car. If you have an old Ford truck, Model A or something else I may be interested in , let me know. I DO NOT want a Ford with CHEVY motor in it. Nothing against Chevy, I just want a Ford drive train. I have the original title for this car.fairlane 8.jpg If I had to put a price on this car it would be $8500.00

Last edited by blacksheep; 02-11-2018 at 10:41 AM. Reason: no price
Old 02-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Crusty Rusty Old Rat Rodder!

You forgot the price
Old 02-11-2018, 10:42 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Thanks Bruno, I copied and pasted my ad in Craigslist. New I would forget something. And, the car is located in the big city of Ludowici, Ga
Old 02-11-2018, 11:54 AM
Fascinated by rolling objects!

Wow!

"l like building rat rods for this reason, if it works great, if not, l will figure something else out."....Skull

https://www.facebook.com/RatRodAddic..._l-V7Q66UmjmNM
Old 02-11-2018, 07:03 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I've wondered if you ever finished it. Looks like it came out NICE! Good luck with the sale!
Old 02-11-2018, 08:12 PM
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!

Ludowici use to be known as THEE speed trap of Georgia...heheh!
Old 02-12-2018, 09:47 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallfoot View Post
Ludowici use to be known as THEE speed trap of Georgia...heheh!
Yes sir, they came down pretty hard on the local police force a while back , so it is not too bad now. They have three different speed limits in this town, and they change very fast. That is how they would get ya. HAHAHA.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:48 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssimpala View Post
I've wondered if you ever finished it. Looks like it came out NICE! Good luck with the sale!
Yeah, I thought I would bond to this car, but I was wrong. It is very nice and drives straight. But, I sure miss something with open engine compartment, and a little rust.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:35 AM
Fascinated by rolling objects!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
it is very nice and drives straight. But, i sure miss something with open engine compartment, and a little rust.
love it!

"l like building rat rods for this reason, if it works great, if not, l will figure something else out."....Skull

https://www.facebook.com/RatRodAddic..._l-V7Q66UmjmNM
Old 02-12-2018, 11:47 AM

Talking Good looking

Not a Ford guy but really like this car. Great job!