Bad News / Good News

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soltz

The Rat Captain
Bad news, some a-hole that he needed my daily more than i did. stolen in front of my house on a quit street in what we thought a good area, some folks don't even lock their cars.
It's a 94 F150 with 204000 miles and more than one dent. paint pealing off why in the world [S It's the little stuff as much as much as any thing, phone charger, prescription sunglasses, keys. Blue book puts it at about $1500. :mad:

Good news, i get to drive the sprint as my daily until i find a replacement. [cl hope it don't rain, i have wipers but no windows or heat.

They say karma will come back to you, i sure hope so!!

Attachments

• PU 009.JPG
    PU 009.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Sprint 2-15.jpg
    Sprint 2-15.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 79
man sorry to hear about your truck. i hope they find it in one piece, pretty good looking truck.

While I'm glad you got "forced" into driving the sprint, it really sux your dd got boosted. But you know there is no better target for scumbags than those good, quiet neighborhoods where everybody leaves their doors unlocked. I bet the laws locally for you would look down on dropping the sob as soon as he sat down in it too...

Crackhead stole my friends beat up old truck and when they asked him why he stole it, he said he didn't want to walk home & the keys were in the ashtray. :eek:

Toad

Wow... sorry to hear about your truck, I sure hope that they find it un harmed... A man's gotta have a truck!

It's been three days, i don't think the un harmed is going to happen. Most likely it's in another country south of here. :mad:

GMC the truck people remember [S (chevelle pickup)

That really sucks! Someone stole a funky car Tripper Jr had back in the day! He told his wife... that sounds like my car starting up... Looked out the window & sure enough it was! Cops found it a couple days later. Fools stole his really lame stereo! I hate thieves!!!

Hope they find it!

BoB

Don't pay to have anything nice anymore. Some one else will want it and it will be gone. don't understand the logic of stealing a 20 year old truck though. Sure aint a collectors machine. Sorry bud. Maybe we should start a go fund website thingy and everyone would pitch in an buy ya a new one. Worked for that guy in Detroit! Needed a car and got $350k

That's What I Said

Don't pay to have anything nice anymore. Some one else will want it and it will be gone. don't understand the logic of stealing a 20 year old truck though. Sure aint a collectors machine. Sorry bud. Maybe we should start a go fund website thingy and everyone would pitch in an buy ya a new one. Worked for that guy in Detroit! Needed a car and got $350k

Not just old but dented to some degree on all four sides, paint peeling, and it leaked oil. The picture i put is about six years old, looked a little better back then.

Don't think the go fund website will work, i don't have to walk, still got the old ratty gmc.

Thanks for the pep talk guys.[cl

Same thing happened to my Moms mini van a few years ago.
My sisters neighbor hood. Quiet, residential and a Beater mini van to boot.[S
Never did find it.
Torchie

All Bad News

Got the call today.
After a short pursuit the butt head crashed head on with an older couple from N.J. not sure about their condition but the bh is in jail.
In addition to being crashed a fire started and burn my tuck and i'm guessing their car, as the deputy put "to the ground" :(
I'm going in the morning to give up the title to offset the $635 i owe for the tow and storage, isn't that just great [S
I'll get pix tomorrow and post them when i get back.

On the positive i think i found a replacement, same yr and body style not the XLT mine was but reg. cab short beds a hard to fine around here. :eek:

Thanks for the support, you guys are great [cl

Not that you will get anything from the guy but I would sue him for your truck (your pride and joy) and mental anguish from being traumatized. If he don't pay he will always have a judgement against him and in some states you can get his tax return when you have a judgement like that. Worth a shot man.

Hope the other couple is ok and hope he has chronic pain the rest of his life.

Not that you will get anything from the guy but I would sue him for your truck (your pride and joy) and mental anguish from being traumatized. If he don't pay he will always have a judgement against him and in some states you can get his tax return when you have a judgement like that. Worth a shot man.

Hope the other couple is ok and hope he has chronic pain the rest of his life.

Hes a reservation resident, PD suggested contacting the DA. Might have to do that

Take a Deep Breath

Will I don't think I can bring this one back [S
Even if it didn't burn i'd need a new frame and maybe a few more pieces & parts:rolleyes:.
To quote someone? "S{}t Happens" and all we won't to change it, we can't. :cool:

2e71d2d0-fafa-4702-acf4-00a4e4ffbc67_zpsq4ximyhc.jpg

20150317_130219_zps0k5tnqsb.jpg

That sux. Like suggested, file charges against the thief. If convicted, and probably will be, you might not get any money out of him for a while, but his rear will be locked up, being somebodies piece......

... and maybe you will get a visit from the truck fairy?

Sounds like he already did!!

Man...this whole deal stinks, it's cases like this where the law stands in the way of justice. If administered person to person there would be a decline in petty crap and the low life would really think twice. Pain can cure problems. There I go.....wishful thinking again.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back