What does your garadge look like

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 32x42 but when you have all boys that are also in to cars/4wheelers/motor- anythings Your usable space really gets used up. Planning on adding on in the spring. what ever you build it will be to small soon.

CleanGarage004.jpg

Since my garage is a little bit clean, I'll show a pic of it. The garage is a 3 car attached to the house. The first stall is where my wife parks. The other two stalls are 26' wide and 38' deep. The roof pitch is 12/12 so there is a lot of storage up above. Walls are 1 foot thick styrofoam with rebar and concrete inside the cores. It stays pretty warm with the overhead gas heater. (I feel for Sam Fear).
Obviously, I don't currently park my driver in the garage as there is the '40 Plymouth truck project (foreground) and the Fiat project (background) currently occupying my time. Behind this garage is a simple 24' by 28' garage for storage of some my past projects and parts.
Fifteen years ago, when I built the house I planted 1,200 trees and shrubs. That allows me to "stash" parts on pallets under tarps that can't be seen, even from the air. So the neighborhood "clean police" don't bother me.

here is mine from standing in front of the plasma table. I also have 24X32 under the house (same level as the garage and attached) that has my lathe, mill, brake and shear. There is a 18X8 steel frame plate under where the vette is now for chassis setup and fab.

Attachments

• shop2.jpg
    shop2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 57
a grassy spot in the yard, haven't built the garage yet, just never got to it. maybe i should take my stuff home instead of doing it at work.

Eleanor's bedroom

This is where Eleanor lives, and waiting for spring again... Her room is sort of messy. I'll have to get onto her about that!!:eek:

63527_185277988154666_100000173975723_725106_7011350_n.jpg

thanks, i wish i could stay there, but i am running out of room, and there is not enough room to add on. also you can not heat or cool that building to save your life!! lol no insulation in the walls so it gets pretty chilly with the furnace running all day

I agree..

That building to me just screams old school hot rod shop. It just reminds me of how I see an old auto garage back in the 1950s. I could see a few greasy duck tails, t shirts and jeans "bad boys" hanging around and an old mechanic dude in a greasy mechanics coveralls taking them under his wing and building cool cars.. Thats what that building looks like to me.. A shame ya can't stay there.. it fits..

i get that a lot if it was not for some of the newer tools and banners you would think you had gone back in time. my "uniform" is straight leg jeans with about a 2.5 in cuff, and a black t shirt. plus my black framed glasses lol. that is one thing i will miss for sure, is the look

^^ Snakefarm, are you using that grill shell as a stereo stand? I like the wall art for sure.

I'd show pictures of mine, but ain't much to see in a 14'x22' single car attached.

Latest posts

Back