More Shift Knobs, Post Em Here

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
Inspired by the other shift knob thread, I drug out some of my shift knobs and took some pics. I am a shift knob junkie although I don't have a bunch of them. I've just got to get me a "Bonehead Original" and I'll be content for a while. Here's a few.

Normskull

WWII Pilot

WWI German

Bonehead, my Normskull is a wood carving. I think all of his skull knobs are carved from wood. I think he uses different kinds. This one is about 4 years old. It's coated with epoxy I think that is tinted with some grey. I'm not sure how he end's up with that finish. Do you think you could make me an Indian with head dress? Actually as a gift for my dad. He has a 48 Poncho.

Here's a link with some info about Norm Grabowski. He carves other things too. http://www.rumpsville.com/contents/norm/index.asp

Mine and another "Norm's"

The '22 just has an 8 ball. So old it is faded to almost a primer gray.
I've gotten to like it, so it will stay.

And 2 photo's of what I now know is a carving by Norm, taken at the Antique Nationals in Palmdale about 5 years ago. I just thought is was very cool and had no idea who it was made by.

Attachments

• Antique Nationals 175.jpg
    Antique Nationals 175.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 142
  • Antique Nationals 176.jpg
    Antique Nationals 176.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 82
  • P1010010a.JPG
    P1010010a.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 114
Bonehead, my Normskull is a wood carving. I think all of his skull knobs are carved from wood. I think he uses different kinds. This one is about 4 years old. It's coated with epoxy I think that is tinted with some grey. I'm not sure how he end's up with that finish. Do you think you could make me an Indian with head dress? Actually as a gift for my dad. He has a 48 Poncho.

Here's a link with some info about Norm Grabowski. He carves other things too. http://www.rumpsville.com/contents/norm/index.asp

Thanks for the info, I am really looking at everything right now. I pretty much have a style that I like in knobs. A few years ago I did an Eagle Dancer metal sculpture, and sold it to some collectors in NYC. I have no doubt I could do a good one up for you.

Daytripper's shifter!

Here's the shifter for my car the "Daytripper". I've posted it b4 but I mite as well post it here in this thread. The bullet on top is a working lockout.

BoB

Attachments

• tripshift.jpg
    tripshift.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 147
  • shift2.jpg
    shift2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 147
Here's my other!

Here's a Bonehead original I'll b using on the 'lil red wagon I'm making to display @ shows with my '41 Ford PU. He's makin another matchin' 1 for my '41! Hey... I live in Tejas!!! ; - >

BoB

Attachments

• longhorn.jpg
    longhorn.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 121
Here's the shifter for my car the "Daytripper". I've posted it b4 but I mite as well post it here in this thread. The bullet on top is a working lockout.

BoB

Bob is that center section on your dash what i think it is?
Looks like a upside down '35/'36 Ford dash center trim piece?
I need one badly, wanna part with it (if I find you something to replace it with)?

That's it

Bob is that center section on your dash what i think it is?
Looks like a upside down '35/'36 Ford dash center trim piece?
I need one badly, wanna part with it (if I find you something to replace it with)?

Chop,
Yep, they aren't easy 2 find! Turned the ashtray right side up though! When I kikk call the Jr.

BoB

sweet shift knobs guys! I'll take a pic of the one my truck came with when i get home. it's alright for now so i've left it on.

yay im glad to know my thread idea made it here i was worried i had lost it in the crash here is what im using

Attachments

• GRENADE 001 (Small).jpg
    GRENADE 001 (Small).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 34
  • GRENADE 002 (Small).jpg
    GRENADE 002 (Small).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 29
Check this out - BIN = $50

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VERY...5QQihZ016QQcategoryZ10076QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is a human replacement hip that I had intended for a shifter. It has never been used.The ball is not secured. The license plate is to show scale. The other picture shows an assortment of other replacement joints and a couple of the files used to chase out the bone for preparation. If I get away with selling the single one you are bidding on, I will sell the rest of the collection plus a bunch of titanium bone plates. You can own a shifter that probably cost thousands of dollars for a fraction of the original cost. You will be the only guy at the rod run with a hip shifter. Gives a whole new meaning to the word.

Attachments

• hip1.jpg
    hip1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 99
  • hip2.jpg
    hip2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 127
Well, to keep from making a new thread I thought I would bring this one back. Love seeing everyones neat shifter knob ideas. Here are a couple of mine.
shiftknobs005.jpg

Got this one a long time back, need to put some thread inserts in it and use it.
shiftknobs004.jpg

shiftknobs002.jpg

Buddy of mine gave me these from some broken lamps where he used to work.
shiftknobs008.jpg

A neat but POC knob from autozone.

That Autozone shifter is actually pretty cool looking. Why is it cheap garvinzoom. Is it plastic? That first one is very interesting too. I'm sort of a shift knob Junkie.

Latest posts

Back