'59 Chevy pickup - long chassis

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go fenderless until you find fenders. No point in waiting. What hood do you have? I like the indentation in the 58/59 hoods. But I like the 55 to 57 hoods for their "acreage".

Then there is the differences in the fenders...

I have 58 & 59 front sheet metal in my storage about 5 hours away from me. I know. Big help! :D

Keep up the good work.

I bought a '57 hood because I found one. :) I like the single headlights better, but have seen some where they used the "high beam" slot as cold air intake and that looks pretty cool too! I'll just piece it together as I go (and can afford).

This is going to be pretty cool. I remember my dad owned a couple of these trucks when I was a kid. He had a driver and a parts truck. I used to hang out in the parts truck a lot pretending it was mine. I remember so much space in the engine bay as a kid I could sit right in there. Nowadays there's trucks I open the hood and wonder how they change the spark plugs on the damn thing as there's no room.
Good luck with your build.

Thanks for the encouragement!

I had a '55 back in the '80s that was so rusty you couldn't step on the running board to get in, then had to watch where you put your feet! It was a cobbled together thing that I traded a rod-knocking Sunbeam Alpine for, then traded the truck for a front wheel drive Eldorado that got 6 miles per gallon. Sold that one. I figure I'm way over 300 cars and trucks and motorcycles in my 46 years of driving. Longest I kept one ('46 Chevy pickup) was 8 years, which is also the longest I ever had a girlfriend. Same years, too! Coincidence??? Thinking back, those were two I should have kept! :D

Latest posts

Back