Hip shifter...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T2T

Still running with scissors!
the smallest town in the smallest county in the s
For some time now there's been a post on KB re: "cool shifter knobs"........I love cool shift knobs, I guess it's because as a kid it was the only car part I could afford, that and red paint for the wheels........anyway here is a pic of my "hip shifter"....................

100_2254.jpg

It's a human replacement hip........................

Last edited:
for some reason i get the feeling that a used one would be more then new....

that will make a cool shifter, i need to post mine when i get home, the po had put it on, not my taste but i've left it there until i find something i want.

I noticed a guy on ebay selling these bone replacement parts for use as shifter shafts.
Pretty cool looking piece.

Jeff

Thanks Gastrick for posting those links, I knew I had posted a pix of those bone replacement parts somewhere but forgot it was here.
I must be getting senile :eek:.

Jeff

I have one of those laying around waiting to be used for a shifter. Mine is used, and I was in the operating room when they removed it from its previous owner.

They come in both Ti, and stainless steel. Mine is stainless, so I am gonna have a buddy machine it and thread it for me.

We bill the insurance company about $600- $1000 for a new one, so that is a high dollar shift knob.

Hodag

Here's a picture of some of the other ones he was selling.

Jeff

I just bought a set of these off this guy on eBay, being shipped to the U.K. as well, about $130 altogether. I shall use one for a gear shift, and maybe some other odds and sods.

I like weird stuff. :D

Attachments

• D2346997-E1EA-4271-A08E-31225C52A08F.jpg
    D2346997-E1EA-4271-A08E-31225C52A08F.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 16
Have to say...old age is catching up with me. But, it took me a minute to figure out what the deal was with the shifter in the first pic. hen I read all through the post. THATS COOL! I don't even have anything currently that I could use one on and I am seriously considering purchasing one.

Latest posts

Back