Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Wanna trade?!?

Wanna trade?!? Would love to trade... whacha got!? Please note: Photos & location are required!

Old 06-04-2014, 09:27 PM
He started out with nothing, he still has most of it!

Send a message via Yahoo to Yankee Transplant

i think there are a few delivery fellas on this site . but not sure which part of the country they are in ... They may not even be close to y'all ,, give it a few days maybe some one will jump in and give you some ideas ..
Old 06-04-2014, 09:59 PM

Well, if it comes to something. I guess I should give a complete description of the Caddy. I bought the car on the internet with that engine in it. When I got it home in a trailer I got it running and fairly well tuned. Its got an evil idle but that is probably to be expected as I think this thing is a really wild build.

The guy I bought it from didnt really know much about it as he bought it from an old guy that was dying and had just finished the build. He didnt know what went into the build. A couple of numbers that were bandied about in the discussion were 700hp and only 11 hours total time. I think I would take that 700hp with a cup of salt...LOL but the 11 hours run time seems reasonable as the oil doesnt turn black when changed but remains honey colored.

When I got it there was water in the oil but when I changed the oil, the water didnt come back. It was later revealed that the car had set outdoors over the winter and I suspect the water came from rain or snow in the carburetor that was not covered. Could be a bad head gasket, but I really think the sitting outdoors all winter with no cover is more likely as the water didnt come back.

I tested the tranny with the car on jack stands and the rear axle turns when the tranny is in gear and the engine running.

That is the extent of my testing. That Demon carburetor is a real bugger to get properly tuned, I still dont think I have it right.

I will make no warranty and have revealed everything I know about the engine and tranny. No secrets.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimisbell View Post
I am looking for a '49-'53 complete flathead ford in good condition, no cracks, free, with tranny. Dirty is ok, just as long as it can be brought back to life.

I have to trade a 1970 Caddy El Dorado 500 cui with Demeon carburetor and GM tranny, complete and running in my 1937 Ford PU rat rod. Pictures are attached.

If I cant find a trade I will pay, but not much, I dont have it.

I am in the Corpus Christi Texas area. call me at 361-238-0711
Nice to see a fellow Cous Christi guy on this site. I was born in Spohn Hospital in 1960. Lived there until 2005. Nice truck.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
Nice to see a fellow Cous Christi guy on this site. I was born in Spohn Hospital in 1960. Lived there until 2005. Nice truck.
I wish you were still here, we could start a Hot Rod club with two members. There are few people in S Texas that even know what a hot rod is. Wish I was back in San Diego CA. They know what a Hot Rod is in CA
Old 06-06-2014, 05:52 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimisbell View Post
I wish you were still here, we could start a Hot Rod club with two members. There are few people in S Texas that even know what a hot rod is. Wish I was back in San Diego CA. They know what a Hot Rod is in CA
Corpus is a funny town. I used to have a bike shop there close to down town , near a little bar called knuckleheads. Every now and then something chiney would pull up to Knuckleheads with lots of chrome. Very few home built rods down there though.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:37 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Good grief, there is a nice solid 46 Ford F3 here on craigslist for sale. Has a running flathead with manual tranny. $3200 for the whole deal. Just cab and chassis, but very solid.