Outstanding Hot Rod Book *lotsa pics*

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
I just Ordered and received a really good book. If you are interested in nice pics and post WWII Hot Rods, you should have this book on your shelf. It is called The Birth Of Hot Rodding - The Story Of The Dry Lakes Era, by Robert Genat. One of the more interesting aspects of the book to me is the period color photographs. Not all the pics are in color, but many are. Quite a few of these early racers are actually pretty also. Instead of a boring book review, Here are some pics from the book for your viewing pleasure.

Stand by, more pics to follow.

Magnificent pictures. Shows how little I know, I didn't realize they had color photography back then. :confused: :confused:

Thanks for posting them , what great times those were.

Don

I cannot believe the condition of the cars in the background. In the 3rd picture, in the background is a 32 Ford pick up that is in absolute pristine condition. The guy probably paid $10-$20 for it at a used car lot. In 1968 when I got home from the Army, I bought a 1956 Olds 98 from a used car lot. It had 5 brand new tires, and was painted in metalic burgundy laquer. I paid a whopping $100. Prices sure have changed since then. So have the condition of the cars.

Latest posts

Back