Thinking about give'n up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I am going to keep it for a while in hopes that I can regain some desire for it. But it got put outside today so I can do a quickie long roof.
Time will tell.

Attachments

• falcon #2 006.jpg
    falcon #2 006.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 50
  • falcon #2 009.jpg
    falcon #2 009.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 27
  • falcon #2 010.jpg
    falcon #2 010.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 28
  • falcon #2 012.jpg
    falcon #2 012.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 27
I think what throws it off is the rear wheels---they're too far forward and make the back end look heavy. If you had straight lines on the rear of the doors instead of the cutout, and the wheels moved back to center between the back of the door and the back of the car, it would be more porportional. I know it would be a lot of work to re-do the doors and move the rear back, but it's something to think about. Just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth....:D

They are the orig rear doors to the car, the wheel wells are stock as are the door openings. I know, that rear over hang bugs the phuck outa me.

They are the orig rear doors to the car, the wheel wells are stock as are the door openings. I know, that rear over hang bugs the phuck outa me.

I understand that. But those are the rear doors, when you shortened it it lost the porportions that the front doors gave it. Like I said before, only way I see to restore the porportions is to square off the rear of the door and move the wheels back, centering them between the rear of the door opening and the rear of the car. Then you would have to section the fenders to get rid of some of the fat. I wish I had photoshop, I'd show you what I'm talking about. Maybe somebody that does could do it.....

So, I sold the Falcon wagon, that just wasn't cut'n it for me.:( Cleaned out the shop and got the Puzzle back in and I am going to try and I stress TRY to get back into it. We will see what happens.
Still looking for something for a driver though:rolleyes:

Attachments

• tryn again 002.jpg
    tryn again 002.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 25
  • tryn again 003.jpg
    tryn again 003.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 26
Hey Cosmic12

You wanna swap vehicles???....I hear you about stress...I pushed my nightmare(see my avatar) outside on Jan 1 2012 because it wasnt fun anymore(pulled a 1947 CJ2A in its place) Stress is not the word for it. I was so sick of working night after night and getting no where...spending money and still seeing nothing change. If you wanna 1953 Chevy pickup truck that is about 75% done I'll let it go cheap. I go through Syracuse every month on my way to see my daughter in Rochester(would love to stop over and take a look at it). I have more pictures if you wanna see more.
They say this is supposed to be fun....I have to take melatonin pills just to get to sleep after I work on my nightmare.

I do really love the way your car looks. I am seeing about a 1974 ish oval track stock car. Big numbers on the doors...big radiator up front and rub rails on all four sides.

MikeC

Thanks for the support guys, I have some ideas but first I have to get the floors in it, just not real sure how I will do that yet, its so tiny inside and every inch counts. The funny thing is, is it looks big but it really isn't and I am going to have to build any kind of seating just about flat on the floor[S
We will see what the next few weeks bring.
Mike let me know when you are come'n through.

This is more what I was going for in my early photochops. If you moved the rear axle farther back, you'd solve the proportion problem and the seating problem at the same time. Also think it need the bigger wheels. That's my opinion and I won't push it anymore. Just seems to me it would be easier to rework the metal once rather than constantly trying to squeeze your lard butt in there as it is. :p
ratrod130.jpg

That is 68427vette's rat.

Sam you are right about the bigger wheel/tires I am working on that. As for move'n the rear end back I understand what you are saying but it ain't happen'n I spent way to much time doing the frame and the 4 link to redo that at this point(see pics) I am very close to take'n a section out of the back the way you photo shoped it, but that will have to wait till the floors are in.
Oh, my lard azz isn't the real problem its the head room[S there won't be much padding for that azz:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back