Bertha

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neverdone

He's not done yet...
Well...... against my better judgement, I made a purchase last night. I have not picked it up yet, but allow me to introduce Bertha. She is 60 years old, but would appear that there is some life left.

Found this 1954 Chevy hiding next to a tree row outside a friend of a friends shop (pretty cool place I might add), we haggled back and fourth and settled on a price that I thought to be fair enough. I will be going back with the trailer in a few days to pick her up. Comes with 95% of the trim, front fenders, bumper, hood, grille, and lower panel are all sitting in a barn. Not sure of the rear end that is in it, but appears to not be stock. Frame as solid as it gets. Needs some floor pans. Seems to me like it could be a fun project.

Sitting in the front is a 500 Caddy, not sure what the trans is backing it up. We will see if that stays or goes. One thing for certain, the motor mounts have got to go.

I didn't take too many pics, it was not sitting in a favorable spot, and not all parts attached. But I will show a couple I did take.

IMG_20140624_193300_933_zpsehrgw5dj.jpg

IMG_20140624_193315_524_zpsosyypyku.jpg

I have some visions forming, but I will have to wait until I dig in to see what turns up.

Nice. I wouldn't chop it, I'd do it gasser style with a tube front axle. Wouldn't have to sit sky high, just level. I'd keep the 500 Caddy because it's big and different and has good power.

That is pretty much the plan. Plus frenched lights. Side skirts I think... and leg pipes.

See neverdone. Great minds do think alike.
When you french the headlights please do it the "real" way and don't use the frenching kits that make the headlight look tunneled more than frenched. I dig the skirts as well. Side pipes could go either way for me.......
Any thoughts in regards to the rear window?
Keep us posted.
Torchie.

Here's some perspiration pics for you.( Not that you need any;) ).
Both of these used the wraparound back glass. Black one looks like they sunk it into the rear panel as well as using Pontiac belt line stainless trim.
Torchie.

Attachments

• dice038.jpg
    dice038.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 283241838_NAgq6-L-1.jpg
    283241838_NAgq6-L-1.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 59
See neverdone. Great minds do think alike.
When you french the headlights please do it the "real" way and don't use the frenching kits that make the headlight look tunneled more than frenched. I dig the skirts as well. Side pipes could go either way for me.......
Any thoughts in regards to the rear window?
Keep us posted.
Torchie.

Not sure on the rear window yet.

My vision of frenching the lights is this......

IMGP1283_zps2ef200cb.jpg

Actually a lot of my vision is of that car..... except for the paint. I see a nice two tone job on it. time will tell how much gets to happen.

Love it, I call dibs on if you ever sell it =P

Sorry bud, dibs have already been given to Ratchet041...... with out him I would have never found it.

Not sure on the rear window yet.

My vision of frenching the lights is this......

IMGP1283_zps2ef200cb.jpg

Actually a lot of my vision is of that car..... except for the paint. I see a nice two tone job on it. time will tell how much gets to happen.

Nice.
Those headlights are way beyond frenched.:eek: A classic custom trick is to use caddy or 55 chevy headlight eyebrows on these chevy's. The ones on the car pictured are definately fab'd. Although they may have started out as caddy as the front fenders have the caddy body lines on them and the use of the Cadillac front bumper.
Pretty low chop as well, hence the "Fast back" look to the top. And the rear window looks to be from the 53 -150 series. But hard to tell from this angle.
Lots of body mods as well. Extended rear quarters. Also looks like 56 Packard tailights.
[P
Torchie.

I guess I'm one of the few that like these little Chevy's at stock roof height. That's with exception of the green Voodoo Larry car, but that car is extensively metalworked on every panel.

Nice.
Those headlights are way beyond frenched.:eek: A classic custom trick is to use caddy or 55 chevy headlight eyebrows on these chevy's. The ones on the car pictured are definately fab'd. Although they may have started out as caddy as the front fenders have the caddy body lines on them and the use of the Cadillac front bumper.
Pretty low chop as well, hence the "Fast back" look to the top. And the rear window looks to be from the 53 -150 series. But hard to tell from this angle.
Lots of body mods as well. Extended rear quarters. Also looks like 56 Packard tailights.
[P
Torchie.

Wow so looks like you pinned that car down pretty well!!! But yes, I love the lines and want to try and do some of them.....

that car is extensively metalworked on every panel.

And is oh so awesome.

Latest posts

Back