WOW and a couple of very basic first steps

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P

WOW is this off to a flying start and great information.

Wiring a car is really one of the parts of a build I enjoy (as long as I can lock the shop from the inside and take the phone off the hook :D ).

If your doing a car from scratch a very basic step is to get as many different colors of wire in different (appropriate guages) as you can lay you hands on it .....will make trouble shooting any future problems so much easier.

When you actually sit down and start wiring ....draw and lable a schematic as you go. Usually what I do is print up a basic block diagram with the componets that will be used, fuze box, battery, switches etc. Then I make a few copies (if one gets too crowded to read then I just start on another one). Down the line if you need to trace a circuit it makes life so much easier (especially if you put it in a place where you can find it again :rolleyes:
)
The other thing is to add 2 or 3 (or more) spare circuits to your wiring looms. It makes life so much easier if you decide to add some accessory down the road.

Latest posts

Back