one wire

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't spend the money on a one-wire alternator. I'm too cheap, and i don't see the point. Mid 70's GM alternator w/built in regulator is the simplest. Run a 14 gauge wire jumper from the #2 terminal where the factory plug would've gone to the positive stud. From there, 10 gauge to the positive on the battery, and done. That's it. If wanted, you can run a wire from the #1 terminal to the factory idiot light

2 wire

Hey Groucho, Thanks for the tip, I went to KRAGENS and bought one, hooked it up seems to work fine. I have a friend who has race cars, and thats what he uses on them without any problems. CURT

No one home!

Hey Groucho, Thanks for the tip, I went to KRAGENS and bought one, hooked it up seems to work fine. I have a friend who has race cars, and thats what he uses on them without any problems. CURT

Curt,
Don't think "G" will b responding... I believe he was vaporized.

Rattler

I have done what Groucho explained with at least 6 or more alternators and I have always had good luck, one has been this way for 15 years. Works for me:p.

I am currently(pardon the pun) running two single wire alternators(one on a yard truck and one on my galaxie) and have been doing so for a long time. Both seem to work quite well for me too. I have read through the other post on this subject and will say that I am running no electronics(stereo, amp, etc) other than the ignition system so I dont know about high load applications. I guess if this is a problem, run a two battery system and a larger alternator.

Latest posts

Back