floor pans

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The work it would require to retro fit other vehicles floor pans may be more time consuming than just making your own from sheetmetal. Not a lot of companies out there that taylor to our needs!! If you know what I mean???

Good luck on your decision!!

any pics of said missing floor? what kind of car/truck?
what extra body panles are you not useing or have around thay make good relpace ment panels for floors trany humps ect

floorpans

have u thought about some old metal/commercial doors? they have a decent thickness that is easy to weld with a mig. i get some for free where they are
remodling a building. around flea markets they usually sell for $5-$10.
the metal is thick enough for patch panels. easy to shape with a homeowner
metal brake.

I work for a govt agency. they were cleaning out some offices and they had some old filing cabinets which I snagged one. Lots of flat steel and some pretty nice 90 degree bends too. I am just about out of metal, so I am hoping they will be upgrading again soon. Go to any scrap dealer an look for old steel filing cabinets. They worked on my projects. Just takes a little more prep than fresh clean steel. I try to recycle as much as possible.

they had some old filing cabinets which I snagged one. Lots of flat steel and some pretty nice 90 degree bends too.

haha! I have the grey office book shelf shelves in the floor of my datsun build! Nice and thick and the bent edge goes nicely up against the outer rocker plate! [cl

It may sound a little morbid but I buy all my sheetmetal from a casket factory. They have it in 16ga. & 19ga. I don't know they get their metal but it shapes and welds real good.

Latest posts

Back