American Autowire

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onequick26

Puts Nitro on his Cheerios
Has any one ever messed with any of the American Autowire kits ?

I've heard tons of horror storys about the painless kits and Im looking at the Autowire Highway 15 kit.
It's a pre-wired fuse box,15 sercet,not that I'll need or use all 15 but that's the smallest one.

any input would be great.:)

Never used that one, but we just wired my Kids T with a Summit wiring kit. I think it is made for them by Painless because the box and all look just like the Painless ones we saw at Daytona.

We have done a lot of wiring (Dan used to do it for a living on big boats and cars) but even at that we had a hard time. The directions are very very vague and imcomplete. Third generation copies. Luckily, we were able to use our previous knowledge and get it sorted out, but it would be tough for a first timer.

Dan is looking for a specific one for his '29, and I will ask him what one it is and post that info. It might be the one you said as the name seems familiar.

Don

I just asked Dan what one he is going to use and he said American Autowire. He feels it is one of the better ones out there. Hope this helps.

Don

I used a Ron Francis Wire Works kit on my '32.
Car had power everything.
I was a bit apprehensive about doing my own wiring, but the kit made it a piece of cake, instructions were easy to follow.

Jeff

I bought the Highway 15 kit from an ebay seller. $269 and free shipping. Best deal I could find at that time. It's a very nice kit and has all the important stuff included. And all the parts look to be high quality. I haven't installed it yet but it looks like that will be pretty straighforward.
I had a Ron Francis kit in my '33 Willys and by the time I got done buying everything, I had almost $500 in it. The AA kit makes a lot more sense. Mike

Latest posts

Back