Welding gloves

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DozerII

I always wear leather gloves when I'm building and have been using Watson Tig gloves at $17. a pair Canadian. They just don't seem to last more than a couple weeks with out the seams coming apart allowing my fingers to touch the hot stuff.
I started searching on line and found these goat skin gloves on Amazon and ordered 2 pair $22. each Cdn. They are way more comfortable than the Watson's and are wearing great. I have been wearing them for the better part of a month and done all the dash and glove box work them and other than the dirt there are no flaws i them at all.[cl

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Body Mounts 006.jpg
    Resize of Body Mounts 006.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Resize of Body Mounts 007.jpg
    Resize of Body Mounts 007.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 88
I wear brown jersey (cloth) gloves @ $6.00/10 pack. Made by slave labor in some disease infested Pacific Rim sweat shop. For heavy grinding I put a welding glove on the hand that gets hit by lots of sparks. For MIG and stick welding I sometimes wear both welding gloves (one on each hand).

I hope everyone finds this information useful.

Said the same thing.... Gloves??

I absolutely hate wearing gloves... whether mechanic type, latex or welding... they drive me nuts... maybe it's just me but I have to feel what I'm doing...lol.. As a result I do have a few more burn scars than some... :)

I absolutely hate wearing gloves... whether mechanic type, latex or welding... they drive me nuts... maybe it's just me but I have to feel what I'm doing...lol.. As a result I do have a few more burn scars than some... :)

I hear you there sarge. I have very little feeling in my hands due to neuropathy as well as abuse. Gloves take away what little feeling I do have. When welding I wear one glove only on the hand that is steadying the welding tip and most likely to get burned. Plus. That's the hand that I tend to run over the hot welds to check for warpage.:eek: [S [ddd
So needless to say I have a few right hand welding gloves that look like new.:D
Torchie

I hear you there sarge. I have very little feeling in my hands due to neuropathy as well as abuse. Gloves take away what little feeling I do have. When welding I wear one glove only on the hand that is steadying the welding tip and most likely to get burned. Plus. That's the hand that I tend to run over the hot welds to check for warpage.:eek: [S [ddd
Torchie

I never understood why you cannot get the left hand glove only...

I have used the Harbor Freight gloves in the past but I didn't like the bulk. I went over to a pair of leather Wells Lamont. I did use some mechanics gloves but found out the hard way that if you touch a hot weld they melt to your skin. Jim

Torchie

I got lucky. I have friends that are left handed and they use up right hand gloves. Sometimes we trade.

i only wear the left hand glove while burning or welding, i have never found a pair of tig gloves that didn't cut off the circulation in my hands, not that they are big but they are a little thick. so i wear the boxing gloves.

Here's what you do, Torchie... buy two identical pairs of shoes... keep the two rights... put the two lefts back in a box and have somebody (other than you) return to the store with your proof of purchase... exchange the two lefts for another true pair and you have three right shoes... kinda like "buy three tires and get the fourth free", but different. :)

Here's what you do, Torchie... buy two identical pairs of shoes... keep the two rights... put the two lefts back in a box and have somebody (other than you) return to the store with your proof of purchase... exchange the two lefts for another true pair and you have three right shoes... kinda like "buy three tires and get the fourth free", but different. :)

[cl[cl[cl
[ddd[ddd[ddd

Latest posts

Back