Bmw irs

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

The scrap yard that I do a lot of business with got in a BMW today that has indipendant rear suspension. Anybody ever use one of these set ups? I didn't have time to get a good look at it today.

21 willys, I know your post is a week old but I'll tell ya what I think. I swapped one out in an old Beemer once. I think the IRS is cool and I'm sure you could deal with the springs for you application. But, I'd wonder if that little diff. could handle the torque of a V8? [S

I don't have a Paticular build in mind for it but I doubt that it would ever weigh enough to hook up and brake parts.

I imagine it's long gone by now anyways. I wish I would of jumped on it right away but owell.

IRS rear

The Mercedes rear from a 300D diesel is pretty rugged, none of them will stand up to clutch dumping abuse, if you are using an automatic maybe.

Some 70's -80's Jags have Dana center sections than can be built to take some hard abuse with axle and hub upgrades to match. Prolly the rear I am gonna use as it will really look unique and has the best chance of holding diesel torque and pretty easy to "bag" for air ride. The dana Jag rears used to be the "hawt" set up for customs back in the day

Latest posts

Back