1 need apprx 60" rear end

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geneo4116

CAN THESE BE FOUND WITH OUT NARROWING ONE,WOULD LOVE LIKE A 342 POSI,LOOKING FOR GM 5 ON 4 3/4 PROABLLY COULD GO LIKE 59 TO 60" WHAT KINDA CAR AM I TOO LOOK FOR,:confused: ANY IDEAS,THANK YOU

Here is a helpful chart to get you started.

http://www.carnut.com/specs/rear.html

As for the ratio and posi thing, every car you look at will be different. It's getting harder to find posi rears, at least in my experience. But climbing under them at junkyards will still yield one occasionally. (try pickups, they seem to have them for some reason)

Don

I would have to remeasure mine to be positive, but I have used the 8.8 rears out of an explorer They are 31 spline axles and most have limited slip and can be had with drum or disc brakes. Common gear ratios of 3.23, 3.56,3.73. If I remember right are around 59"

Any early cameros, 69-72 novas, tri-five chevys all have rears with 60" WMS to WMS. May be more chevys around the time also.

I also vote for a Ford Explorer 8.8". They're very strong, and are 59 1/2" from WMS to WMS. Make sure you get one from an Explorer, as the ones from Crown Victorias are wider and 28 spline. I got mine for $150 if I'm not mistaken.

55,56.57chevy 54 inchs from backing plate to backing plate,61 pontiac much wider just put one under my 41 the 57chevy rr was to narrow i like useind pre 64 parts:D later b.

Latest posts

Back