Converting to hydraulic clutch

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hyd. clutch

That is the easiest way to do it right there, buy a clutch master cyl. for any type of late 80's to 90's nissan or mazda pick up. 30 bucks or less. and make a bracket to mount on the rear of the transmission, hang the slave from that bracket, and it pulls the clutch fork from the rear instead of the rod pushing from the front, very nice and easy set up, 1 cheap rubber brake hose at the slave, and some steel brake line and you got a great clutch system, that has no funny linkage.

Cool - I'll try it out, see how it works. Seems a little easier than fabricating a mechanical linkage and should be nicer to use.

I didn't fabricate the set up but I did use a factory hydraulic clutch set up on a 250 Chevy 6 cyl w/4 speed in a '35 International. The master cylinder and slave cylinder were from a '60's something Chevy truck. It worked perfect. If I ever build a stick shift car again I'll definitely use a hydraulic clutch.

I used this one.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Wilwood-Combination-Remote-Master-Cylinder-Kit,1133.html
It's design is very flexable. I made my own peddle assembly for it. The unit works great. I bought a hydo throw out bearing from them also along with a piece of braided line. I put it all in a T-5 and I'm really happy the way it turned out

Great - that's just what I'm looking for. I bought a 3/4 bore m.c. but I need to send it back and get the 7/8" version of this instead.

Yup, I've used push and pull type slaves and they both work great. You sound like your on the right track. just make sure when you mount it that the bleeder screw is on top so ya can get all the air out when bleeding.

Latest posts

Back