'31 Model A rear end

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgo70

Well I ran into another problem today. I wanted to put my rear axle, engine and tranny in today so I could finish my new subfloor and it looks like my axle is too narrow. It's 56" from hub to hub and I think I could use 60". Anyone else have any ideas?? I'm really happy with this body but I really didn't want to re-do my whole rear. I think I'll just order the brackets this time instead of making everything.

Sean

Not too worried about the bolt pattern as I haven't ordered my rims yet. The body is 54" wide where I need it to go and I figured I should have a couple inches clearance between the tire and body. My axle is 56" wide from drum to drum so I guess I could buy some wheel spacers if I can get them 2" thick??? Any thoughts.

Thanks for the link as well but it didn't list anything 60" drum to drum, I'll double check.

Thanks,
Sean

56" is basically a standard hot rod rear width, but since your car is channeled you'll need a wider one as you already know. The place in the link below sells adapters up to two inches thick. I read an instance where a fella used a 78 Ford pick-up rear on his channeled Model A. According to him, it was the perfect width.

http://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Adapter_5_Lug_4_5_To_5_Lug_4_5_p/5450-5450.htm

Thanks for that link, they're even on sale!!

I found on the link above from Unkl ian that '73-86 F150's are 58 3/4" so maybe I'll pick up one of those and then if I need the spacers I can order them.

You guys sure are quick with answers, thanks:D.

Sean

An old Camaro rearend will work. You can also run reversed rims for more body clearance.

Ron

Latest posts

Back