1976 Postal Jeep call to duty

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodman

I am rebuilding my Postal Jeep and giving it a military theme. I removed the top and doors. I cut it in half and stretched the frame 14 inches. I lengthened the front half of the body and braced the 2 body parts together. Should have it done next summer.

Attachments

• jeep2.jpg
    jeep2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 66
  • jeep4.jpg
    jeep4.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 58
  • jeep6.jpg
    jeep6.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 58
  • jeep7.jpg
    jeep7.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 60
  • jeep8.jpg
    jeep8.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 59
  • jeep10.jpg
    jeep10.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 61
  • jeep12.jpg
    jeep12.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 150
  • jeep14.jpg
    jeep14.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 64
  • jeep16.jpg
    jeep16.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 76
  • jeep17.jpg
    jeep17.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 72
Ok, I'm curious

Just out of curiosity, other than getting a bath on each huge puddle you drive through, what are the mesh holes in the floor for? Drainage?

attachment.php

Coool!

Nice project.[dr
A man was giving away a postal jeep near me a few years ago and I got there too late.Had a big free to move sign on it.
One of those things you do not forget.:(

It will probably see more highway use than back road. So the expanded metal floor is for drainage when I hose it out. I put a 700R4 behind a 350. I drove it for a couple of years with the origional front windshield. I found out the hard way that you don't travel down the freeway at 70mph in a postal Jeep. The windshield blew out in my face. Good thing the steering wheel slowed the impact. The new windshield will fold down but it is metal encased unlike the origional that was a rubber encased. Food for thought if you are hot rodding a postal jeep.

I have a buddy building a postal jeep. I will spread the word about the glass.

Latest posts

Back