My 32 Ford coupe rebuild

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geo32rat

Well to start with I bought my 32 Ford coupe back in April. The body and frame has had lots of fab work. I'm looking to take it all apart and change a few things.

Attachments

• IMG-20120312-00054.jpg
    IMG-20120312-00054.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Lower_Salford-20120331-00057.jpg
    Lower_Salford-20120331-00057.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 92
The frame was out of a race car so I will be cutting out some of the roll bars and some of the floor. With doing all that it will give me much more room to sit. The body I am leaving alone. The motor runs great so I'm leaving it the way it is. The trans that is in it now is a manual 3 speed and I've decided to to put an automatic in it witch I got from my friend.

good luck on your rebuild...

also... your ride is not a 32 ford... not sure what it is, the body line is unique especially on the doors.. my guess is it is a custom job from a few different bodies, the doors look short to be a factory coupe...

Yeah I understand why you and everybody else thinks that. If you take a close look at the car you would see a 32 three window coupe in there somewhere.....Lol. The doors were cut down and where the doors would have gone to it was filled in with metal.

I hate to tell you but that has never been a 32 Ford, too many tells, body belt lines, door hinges, rain gutters. The cowl looks to be a 1930 Whippet.

I hate to tell you but that has never been a 32 Ford, too many tells, body belt lines, door hinges, rain gutters. The cowl looks to be a 1930 Whippet.

I swore it was a 32 Ford, that is what I was told when I bought it, but when you said it was a 1930 Whippet I checked into it. I feel that you are right. I looked at a few pictures and they show all the characteristics of my car.[cl

Latest posts

Back