'83 Chebby 2500 Rust bucket !!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceKoukalaka

I just got another truck in my stable and looking to do something different with a real rust pile a 1983 Chev Silverado 2500 with it's 4th engine and on it's last legs as a truck. Even the springs under it are badly rusted

Attachments

• IMG_4524.JPG
    IMG_4524.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4525.JPG
    IMG_4525.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4526.JPG
    IMG_4526.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4527.JPG
    IMG_4527.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4528.JPG
    IMG_4528.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4529.JPG
    IMG_4529.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4530.JPG
    IMG_4530.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 15
I've decided to use the engine for my next build (not sure where that's going to take me) probably something nice for the wife ... Anyone got a '65 'stang that needs some help ???[ddd[ddd[ddd Or maybe some other exotic vehicle ?

Put that motor in your IH..they fit easily and will triple your horsepower..and you cab buy parts for it at Autozone:D

Rotors are a no go but that doesn't mean I'm giving up on the binder OR the rustbucket! Thinking on using the frame from it under something else like maybe a shortened, chopped & channeled school bus LOL[ddd[;) It'll give me something to do with my welding equipment after all.[dr

Diff's coming out

Looks like I'll be using the rear end for the 'Binder after all as it is a highway geared beauty of 3.55:1 [cl!!!!!! I just might have to put the 350 into it as well ;););) Mind you the wife won't be too happy with me running that monster through town as I have had 5 speeding tickets in the past year although only one was a traffic stop (DAMN PHOTO RADAR :mad::mad::mad:)

Put that motor in your IH..they fit easily and will triple your horsepower..and you cab buy parts for it at Autozone:D

Trouble with putting the 350 and suckomatic in my old binder is I don't really want to get away from generally authentic old iron. The rear gears are one thing but to hack the old girl up just to shove a POS V8 and automatic is something else entirely.

I might be swapping out the rear ends in both trucks. just thinking about a Chevy with 7.39 gears (do a bit of modifying and the eighth mile times would be scary [;))

Latest posts

Back