Chevy powered VW Squareback

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, as far as the windows go, what is the general feeling on taking the middle pillar out, between the back windows and making a one piece window?

Well here is my monkey wrench opinion: If you were to make the two rear windows into a one you would have to lengthen about 4" the door to make the proportions look right. but if you did that then you could angle the B pillar forward a little. A ton of metal work but it would look sweet! also would realy screw with the VW purists![P

Maybe someone on here who can photoshop can do you a photochop of how it would look

Changing the rear side windows by making it one window or filling it in for a sedan delivery will make it look too long. Take a side view pic, print out a couple of copies, and cut them up and you'll see it looks out of proportion.

I like the idea of the one piece flip up nose. That with some monster tires in back will give it a gasser look without sitting sky high.

Just my two cents, take it for what it's worth or not....

Thanks

Thanks for both replies. That is why I joined this forum. As far as the VW purists go, oh well. I know that years ago, I put a Porsche engine in a VW bug, which I still have as a matter of fact. Took it to a ton of shows, for bot foreign and domestic cars, and always entered in in Special Interest Class and still won a lot of triphies. Did a VW show across the river, in Illinois, and took a first place. I got protested by a couple of guys with dune buggies and an old guy with a '65 Bug. I asked the judges why the protests were upheld and they said it had to be a stock VW. I said, ok, not a problem, but there ain't no such critter here. The old guy with the '65 said his was stock. I knew better. I do know VW's. Was trained in Germany at the VW plant to be a mechanic. That was 1969 and I was a VW/Porsche?Audi mechanic for years. Instead of arguing, I gave him the trophy. Off my soapbox for now. But thanks again for info/advice[cl

Latest posts

Back