Little different fenderless 53 pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks great Donuts! I like the proportions a lot. They don't know their butts from a hole in the ground over there so don't worry about them. Hopefully you've seen that we aren't so uptight and critical of a cool truck here.

Keep the pictures coming.

T1

Great looking project. saw it over at KB, then it disappeared--I've lost some threads over there too--EFI and stuff... About the 4l80e---You mentioned a 'paddle shifter'.. Then a Compu controller.. I've been thinking about trying to fab up a paddle shifter for one (a 60e I have). Its just electric valves- not sure about the sequencing yet.- What is the 'compu controller' you mentioned?

Thanks

PA41

It's hard to imagine how anyone wouldn't like you're build I think it looks great. How bout some more pics of you're front suspension couldn't make out exactly how you did it. Killer Truck!!!

Thats one great truck just a idea but the top half of a 1940 coupe ford car grill under the hood would look good .

I'll have to look into that. Been having a hard time trying to figure the grill out. Thanks for the idea!

Great looking project. saw it over at KB, then it disappeared--I've lost some threads over there too--EFI and stuff... About the 4l80e---You mentioned a 'paddle shifter'.. Then a Compu controller.. I've been thinking about trying to fab up a paddle shifter for one (a 60e I have). Its just electric valves- not sure about the sequencing yet.- What is the 'compu controller' you mentioned?

Thanks

PA41
Thanks! I can post a pic of the paddles if ya would like. They are a fully wireless system that I believe uses something like a bluetooth device to transmit the signal. I can try to get some part #'s off the pieces if ya are thinking of doing one yourself. Compushift is the name of a company that builds the stand alone computer and harnesses for the 4l80e and such trannies. I bought all of my stuff from twist machine. Good people but took a little while for them to get my convertor built. It was a very pricey setup, but should be worth it in the end. This things first big trip will be to vegas so I wanted to go ahead and get the good stuff.

It's hard to imagine how anyone wouldn't like you're build I think it looks great. How bout some more pics of you're front suspension couldn't make out exactly how you did it. Killer Truck!!!

Just so happens that's what I was working on today. Didn't get alot done as I did more figuring than working...lol! Anyways, here are some pics of the front 4-link and the start of the rack and pinion install. It's just laying there right now. Still have to build the mounts. Still have the pushrod and rocker system to build also. Waiting for some boring bars for my lathe so I can start the rockers. Anyways, here is what she's looking like right now. Sorry for the terrible cell phone pics...lol!

l_e3b99ad996134a82a5df1619df163360.jpg

l_948629a18dff4c1e95f4167a652988dc.jpg

l_b6ec9d58fa694417a72f91ac77b10015.jpg

l_c8ceaf2a620b4c73ac98ab8aaf62588e.jpg

l_80a70716778f4b049f444a0dddc1296e.jpg

Nice looking ride, Donuts.[cl Some folks wouldn't know good craftsmanship if it smacked them in the face. And your AD is very nicely built so far. [dr

Rather than ban you, I think you should be recoginzed for skill and creativity. I really like your truck.

I could have quoted just about everyone on here about the quality and craftsmanship involved with your build. Some really innovative ideas you have going on, so if that other site doesn't like it, then it's their loss![cl You are definately on the right site here for that kind of build. Keep up the good work and more pics please!:D:D......CR

Well I must say that it's good to see you finally made it over here!!!! lol Now the unfortunate part is my work computer isn't loading the pics so I have to wait another 12 hours to get home and check out the progress of the truck!!

I told you it was better over here BRO!!

Glad your having fun! Keep the pics coming I think we can drive each other to get the rides done!!

I've never seen anyone be able to pull off the bobber style with the chevy truck in those years , I think you have a combination that really WORKS ! we all look forward to more updates

Ya'll really know how to get someone motivated!!! Thanks everyone for the compliments!!! This site rules!!!

What size Hoosiers on back ?
They are 31 tall and 16.5 wide mounted on 15x14 wheels.

Well I must say that it's good to see you finally made it over here!!!! lol Now the unfortunate part is my work computer isn't loading the pics so I have to wait another 12 hours to get home and check out the progress of the truck!!

I told you it was better over here BRO!!

Glad your having fun! Keep the pics coming I think we can drive each other to get the rides done!!

You were right about the people over here. They are true rodders in my eyes! I bet you're wondering what I posted.....hehehe!!!! [P You get any work done on yours this weekend or were ya slackin....lol!

non traditional

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh it smacks of non traditional. And YOU thinkin out of the box. No wonder you got booted. Well bud I think your build is great . A one off as I call a build like yours shows a person can think for himself. thats what makes a true designer [ group mentality kills individuality ] Keep up the good work an if they ban you here for your build ?? Im goin too !! [cl[cl

I wondered what happened to your thread. I had been following it on that other site. Your Build was the motivation for my latest project. I am building a fenderless 53. Although a straight axle looks cleaner I am stuck with using a camaro stub because it's what I have. I think as long as the wheel base proportions are right it will look fine. I plan on using my stock hood also and section down the GMC grill. I'll probably update to tubular a arms at a later date. I'll get a thread going on mine as I got started this weekend and just need a few more photos. keep up the good work! It still baffles me why you thread got deleted? did you get any reason?

Shoot all I got done to mine this last weekend was to get a pattern made for the firewall I'm puttin in.. And YES i am wondering what you posted, not only did I get blasted for KB deleting your thread then I get to work when you get your thread going here and can't see the pics. KILLS ME!!!!

From what I know of yoru build to where I did get to see it I'm more than sure it is very quality work!!

Keep on fabbin brother we need to crusie these trucks this spring!!! You up for that????????

NO SLACKIN!!! lol

Latest posts

Back