Little different fenderless 53 pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered what happened to your thread. I had been following it on that other site. Your Build was the motivation for my latest project. I am building a fenderless 53. Although a straight axle looks cleaner I am stuck with using a camaro stub because it's what I have. I think as long as the wheel base proportions are right it will look fine. I plan on using my stock hood also and section down the GMC grill. I'll probably update to tubular a arms at a later date. I'll get a thread going on mine as I got started this weekend and just need a few more photos. keep up the good work! It still baffles me why you thread got deleted? did you get any reason?

They said they didn't know anything about it and had never heard of that thread. It had like 9 pages and over 4,000 views, but they had never heard of it? Yeah right!

I can't imagine why they deleted your build from KB. They allow some really crappy build threads on there. Oh maybe that's why. Not crappy enough!

That's funny right there!!!

Shoot all I got done to mine this last weekend was to get a pattern made for the firewall I'm puttin in.. And YES i am wondering what you posted, not only did I get blasted for KB deleting your thread then I get to work when you get your thread going here and can't see the pics. KILLS ME!!!!

From what I know of yoru build to where I did get to see it I'm more than sure it is very quality work!!

Keep on fabbin brother we need to crusie these trucks this spring!!! You up for that????????

NO SLACKIN!!! lol

I'm up as long as my pocket book lets me finish the build....times are tight bro! I'll leave the slakin for you...lol!!! J/K :D

They are 31 tall and 16.5 wide mounted on 15x14 wheels.

Sounds like a real big tire, but really works in this application.
icon14.gif

My build thread has over 64,000 views on KB and they banned me!!!

Holy cow! I followed yours all along too. I guess I should be waiting for the big brother shoe to drop too on my thread over there with only 27k or so views... you know the s10 swap thing is not "traditional" either. Dang I thought stuff like that only happend on the H**B.

Truck looks great. Talked with you on the other site. I machined some new pieces for my steering rack you may want to see. I am now able to use a large tie-rod with heim joints on both ends. Seemed the weak link in the steering would be those pencil size tie rods. can you get a close pic of how you mounted the rack so far away from the cross member?

Truck looks great. Talked with you on the other site. I machined some new pieces for my steering rack you may want to see. I am now able to use a large tie-rod with heim joints on both ends. Seemed the weak link in the steering would be those pencil size tie rods. can you get a close pic of how you mounted the rack so far away from the cross member?

Post up some pics of the pieces you built! I haven't actually got it mounted yet, it's just sitting there in mock up stage right now. That's what I'm going to start figuring on tonight, but I'll post up pics when I get it done.

Glad you are here man. Enjoyed talkin with ya on the other site. Here are some i just snapped with my phone. If ya need some might be able to make ya some. Maybe trade ya some inside roll cage tips or pieces. LOL

Attachments

• Rack 1.jpg
    Rack 1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 112
  • rack 2.jpg
    rack 2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 84
  • rack 4.jpg
    rack 4.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 100
  • rack.jpg
    rack.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 84
I'm with ya on the times being tight!!!! I'm doing things on my build that I would not have made otherwise had the pocket book been a little fatter![;) lol

I mean hey my time is free if I'm doing what makes me happy right? You keep your ride moving along and I'll keep mine going, after they are both done we'll meet in the middle say Ardmore Oklahoma??? lol Too bad my brother doesn't live in Denton Texas anymore. I'd have a better reason to go to Texas and check out your ride in person. You know what I'm saying!! He lives about two houses away from me now lol!!!

Yes I got to see the pics and the only thing I can say is KEEP THEM COMING!!!![P[P

Your doing a Bad a$$ job on the truck!![cl

Glad you are here man. Enjoyed talkin with ya on the other site. Here are some i just snapped with my phone. If ya need some might be able to make ya some. Maybe trade ya some inside roll cage tips or pieces. LOL

Those would look sweet on my hoopty! Definately alot better than the stockers that are on it. Wish I had a mill to play with again! Which steering rack did ya go with?

I'm with ya on the times being tight!!!! I'm doing things on my build that I would not have made otherwise had the pocket book been a little fatter![;) lol

I mean hey my time is free if I'm doing what makes me happy right? You keep your ride moving along and I'll keep mine going, after they are both done we'll meet in the middle say Ardmore Oklahoma??? lol Too bad my brother doesn't live in Denton Texas anymore. I'd have a better reason to go to Texas and check out your ride in person. You know what I'm saying!! He lives about two houses away from me now lol!!!

Yes I got to see the pics and the only thing I can say is KEEP THEM COMING!!!![P[P

Your doing a Bad a$$ job on the truck!![cl

Sounds like a plan to me! Will post more pics as the progress continues. Started the rack mount tonight, and modified the a/c compressor to clear one of the links. Dad came over and snapped a few shots with a good camera, and i'll post em as soon as he sends em to me.

I wouldn't worry about the other site, your truck looks bad! I agre on usually not liking those cuz they look too fat. But yours looks killer! I will look at those trucks a little different now.

I like it!

If anything, those tires help the look. I might have gone black on the rims instead of shiny, but it ain't mine. Those 50's cabs often seem too wide, but you make it work. The full hood and the wide tires give it a fat and low look like a modern open wheel circle track car.

Love the look of that truck![cl Yea some of those other site don't like to think outta the box too much. I like what Sam said about the open wheel racer look. You and Annamel both got that look goin with yer trucks and I love it. I'm gonna follow this thread, maybe I'll get some ideas.[P

Well, we'll start the evening with some quality photos of last weekends work...

l_4f39b6e822874101854750d0886d97a2.jpg

l_4a06f67e870646c29e99584c71735afe.jpg

l_b4a1a0b6c08145958f7c43c60537980d.jpg

l_15319f879cb141ddb2c69664888eab44.jpg

l_34ab47f97a4540e38e1e16f4973136d6.jpg

And a few more nice pics...

Me trying to figure out what to do next...lol!
l_958ba1d4451d457286d894d1b191fd04.jpg

This is one of how the chassis started...
l_9a5a303f8f9d4867bc7f64c1a1cc5c9e.jpg

Had to clearance the a/c compressor to clear the upper link bar...
l_43a920775f7545deab1dfe2234d7c2ae.jpg

l_0e201e0079f14e5391bd33d130174801.jpg

Thanks for the great pics Dad!!! But now it's time to go back to the crappy cell phone pics of tonights work. Got the steering rack mount built and bolted the steering in. Doesn't sound like much, but it's a little different setup. The rack mounts to the axle instead of the frame, and the steering shaft will have a mini "driveshaft" style linkage to take up for suspension movement. Anyways, on to the pics...

Here is the rack mount. It currently has a single thru bolt that is sleeved thru the tube, and acts as a safety in case the welds break. The whole mount will get welded to the axle later on.
l_67df4b8107424b499bf80caba1b2820f.jpg

l_ef45336595f8401d820f73dff75f1751.jpg

l_a25e0c837180455aa188a2f2382c1e64.jpg

l_c754ea6fa9a448fb9d0a1328dafcb080.jpg

l_a2f75d6be2264125938fb0700037996d.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really curious as to what you're going to do with the grille area. But I'm sure it will be killer like the rest of the truck![dr....Hurry, I can't wait for the finished product...[cl.....CR

I REALLY like that front end set up, the more pics you can post the better. Great job so far, please don't take a break like ANAMEL we all go through DT's. LOL Just realized this is 600

i recognize ya from kb, couldn't imagine why they'd break ya off over there but like everyone else said, welcome to rrr! i usually despise these fenderless like a lot of folks, but this one is definitely up on my favorites list, cant wait to see more progress

Latest posts

Back