1934 Cadillac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzrodder

It ain't grey hair, it's chrome!
It took 5 years to convince the guy that I was the one to bring this sad 34 Caddy back to life, today it's mine ! Most important thing is that it's registered and titled in this province in the sellers name, so that's a major hurdle avoided. Even better is that it's only 3 miles from my place ! The hood comes with it though the grille is gone - iI'll have to fab up a copy.
I'll get it home in a couple weeks, measure it up and disassemble it - plans at this point are to lengthen the front doors and shorten the quarters to create a 2 door, then a mild chop to keep the proportions looking right. Right now I can only think of one engine to use - 500 in. Caddy V8.

Attachments

• aug 22 10 34 cadillac 003z.jpg
    aug 22 10 34 cadillac 003z.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 901
  • aug 22 10 34 cadillac 004x.jpg
    aug 22 10 34 cadillac 004x.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 1,391
  • aug 22 10 34 cadillac 005z.jpg
    aug 22 10 34 cadillac 005z.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 963
  • aug 22 10 34 cadillac 006z.jpg
    aug 22 10 34 cadillac 006z.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 794
great car, i seen a 33 on tv the other day and said that would be a cool build.

cant wait to see this one.

looks like a good start on a cool rod.......:cool:

the caddy purists are shuddering to think about the sawzall hitting that:eek::D
make the ratrodders proud[;)[cl

Great project,love the headlights and steering wheel on that. I imagine you would be running the fenders on it,right. Cant wait to see this one come together.
On a side note,since we are talking Cadillacs,there is a guy not to far from me,puts on a huge car show every year,he has got a huge collection of Caddys from the earliest on to the seventies,including Johnny Cash's one.And you should see the building he had custom build for them.Huge ,all timberframe and cedar roof, oak interior,unreal! Most of the cars are original and in mint condition,no restored stuff in there. his dad invented the birth control pill,in case you were wondering where all the money comes from.

After your last build can't wait to see this one. I learn a lot from you guys and can't wait to get the wifes 65 Mustang done to start what I want to build. [cl

I will have to agree with the other guys, pretty excited to see what you do to this one, cool starting piece

Thanks everyone !! :) I'm excited as a kid with a new toy, can't wait to get it home and tear into it. I know the restorer and purist guys would flip out, but that just makes me want to do it more...[ddd I've heard the BS before about ruining a classic car when I built my 47 Packard 2dr. , they all passed on it saying it was a lost cause but as soon as I rodded it, they shunned me.
The way I see it a restoration would be boring, it was that way once before, now it's time to really have some fun and give it a new life :cool:.
It hasn't had any love since it died on the lone prairie 60 years ago and time has not been kind - have to do a full steel framing job as well as a complete custom floor as the wood is long gone. Also thinking air ride and building a custom frame - the original frame is massive but then it had to keep that wood framed body together. A steel tube frame for the body would really stiffen it up so 2x6 frame frame rails should be plenty.

Just to take one more poke at the restoration guys, here's what once looked like...

Attachments

• 4207400-700-0.jpg
    4207400-700-0.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 216
  • 4207403-700-0.jpg
    4207403-700-0.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 143
I talked a co-worker into getting an account on the board to see the pictures from your last build.

I'm fully on the band wagon with the rest of the RRR crew, I can't wait to see what you do with this one!

-Chaz

I cant figger out the photoshop thing so I did some "photochopping", - cut up a pic to make it into a chopped 2dr, doors about 6" longer, about a foot taken out of the total length and lowered a bunch. A little crude but it gives some idea of what I'm heading for. Really gets rid of the 'grandpa's old car' look. I'm also thinking the headlights need to be lowered some, maybe moulded into the fenders....

Attachments

• aug 22 10 34 cadillac 004x.jpg
    aug 22 10 34 cadillac 004x.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 207
  • aug 22 10 34 cadillac cc.jpg
    aug 22 10 34 cadillac cc.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 348

Latest posts

Back