Chevy powered VW Squareback

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8Square

Here are a few pics of my current build. It is a tube chassis, sbc 350/330 horse, Mustang II front suspension, 700R4 trans with a narrowed 9" Ford 4 bar triangulated rear. Oughta be fun when I'm finished.

PROJECTTYPEIIISQUAREBACH046.jpg

PROJECTTYPEIIISQUAREBACH042.jpg

PROJECTTYPEIIISQUAREBACH041.jpg

Picture003-2.jpg

PROJECTTYPEIIISQUAREBACK048.jpg

PROJECTTYPEIIISQUAREBACK093.jpg

[P

Oh I'll be watching this build, looks like a rocket to me!

I love the old squarebacks, I never had a type 3, but I had a type 4 that I loved, two door wagons need to make a comeback... [cl

[P

Oh I'll be watching this build, looks like a rocket to me!

I love the old squarebacks, I never had a type 3, but I had a type 4 that I loved, two door wagons need to make a comeback... [cl

Thanks. Out to be a good little "grocery getter" for my wife. Just a few weeks ago, I built a shed in my back yard and moved all, non car items out there from my garage. Then I installed A/C in my garage, so now I'm ready to roll again.

SHED008.jpg

That thing won't even be able to get out of its own way!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Much like I tell my old lady, its for her..... [ddd

Your going to have fun with that one!! Good luck with the build.

Good to see you still working on the project! I've seen your car on several boards and it is one top notch project.

I cut up a lot of these working in wrecking yards back in the '70s, but not like this! Very cool build.

Very nice ride....I have one going together except its a 66 bug, built the frame with a trailing arm suspension and coil overs and the Beam VW front suspension. the power will be a 200 hp Toyota 22r with a 5 speed.never posted because didn't think anyone would be interested.
your car is really going to look cool, and I'll bet run like crazy....have fun:D

We might just have to get a VW Rod section added to this site! Rat Rods and Crazy VW projects seam to go together.

Just trying to help Tom with posting some pics of his Squareback. This is just a test :D

PROJECTTYPEIIISQUAREBACK073.jpg

Picture081.jpg

Tom's doing some nice looking fabbing on this thing for sure! Just look at those "His & Hers" foot warmers[cl[cl:D

looking good! I had one of those that I had stroked and poked with a V.W motor many years ago, it sure suprised a bunch of those that thought it was ugly. I have a saying that my uncle tought me when I was young "anything that ugly has to be fast". It was both...[P

Neat ride

I bought one of those brand new and drove the heck out of it for years..Had duel carbs which were a bitch to keep in tune but it had a gasoline heater which was great for the pacific northwest..Will keep an eye on this one I always thought it would be a kick to do one like you are...
Electric Rod Man

Latest posts

Back