1950 Jeepster

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

39flatback

Well I figured it's time to start a build thread but not for the car I was planning to do.

Just picked this Jeepster up from a scrap dealer. It's rusty (used to that up here) but couldn't see it go for scrap. Plan is to keep the body fairly close to stock and upgrade everything else.

jeepster004.jpg

1950jeepster002.jpg

jeepster006.jpg

1950jeepster006.jpg

You gonna have a top or just a roadster?

This should be an interesting build!

What was left of the top is already gone and won't be coming back along with the faded red shag carpeting from the interior!

Cool, that'd make the ultimate 'Surf Wagon' [cl Course I've always liked Willys stuff. :D

[P[P[P

I came across your build while searching for info on mine, a great story and I'm still not finished...but I did skip to the end.:)

you've got the aluminum step pads for the back seat... those were often scavenged out... I had CJ's... always wanted a Jeepster, but around here, they always rusted away, long before their value did... nice find... definately worth saving

Last edited:
don't see many of them anymore, bad part is i know of one in a scrap yard and you can't touch it.

Nice find

When I worked for my late Father in the early 1980`s my brother and I used to get to drive one of those twice a year. A man had a pacemaker motor yacht that we took care of.Every year he would take it to Georgetown S.C ,about 20 miles south, to haul out and paint.
My brother and I got to drive his jeepster down and then a few days later we drove it back,while he took the boat.
It was a blast to drive.
Glad you are fixing it.Brings back real good memories for me.:)

Thanks all!:)

When I worked for my late Father in the early 1980`s my brother and I used to get to drive one of those twice a year. A man had a pacemaker motor yacht that we took care of.Every year he would take it to Georgetown S.C ,about 20 miles south, to haul out and paint.
My brother and I got to drive his jeepster down and then a few days later we drove it back,while he took the boat.
It was a blast to drive.
Glad you are fixing it.Brings back real good memories for me.:)

Love to hear stories like this. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back