1932 Chevy sedan, chop, channel, corvette

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're from airbagit.com they had the best deal and they're in az. I'm all for local business
I like them alot they work well, easy to adapt to my needs

Got the chassis started, squared the subframes, now I need to get the holes drilled and spuds welded in, then upper mounts welded. Going to bring it to my work and do the alignment and go on, the subframes are dead on and the chassis is within a 1/8".

That looks like its coming along nicely! This is going to be a great one of a kind build!

I do have a question, looking at the rear suspension, and where the frame is, (this may be an optical illusion), but when the rear is at ride height (A-arms parallel to the ground) it appears as though the frame will be very close to the ground?

It's set up for 5-6" off the ground, the suspension is pretty stiff, doesn't have a whole lot of sag. Rhe upper mounts will ride at about that same angle
Thanks for the kind words

Don't mind the pieces of angle iron on the bottom of the rails, I welded those on so I could clamp it to the frame machine

That's currently the plan, I have my eye on a awesome set from coy but they cost almost as much as the wrecked corvette. Haha. I'm leaving my mind open on them maybe I'll powder coat them if I need too

Made some more progress, got my main floor tubes in, the firewall needed to be 3" longer to be where I wanted so I remade it and did a nice recess, have to column mocked up and started on re-arching the wheel wells. Ordering a set if seats to or row in really excited to get. Let me know what ya guys think!

photo hosting sites

You have a terrific project going. Great workmanship and ideas. Will the cowl extension be under a hood?

the wheel wells arched look good and stretching the cowl for room is a great idea[;)

Later :cool:

You have a terrific project going. Great workmanship and ideas. Will the cowl extension be under a hood?

I haven't decided yet, I've gone back and forth with hood or no hood. If I did one it would just be a thin top, no sides

Thanks for the compliments, nice to hear for sure

What was your trick for making the rib for the new wheel opening?

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 179

Latest posts

Back