Finally got a project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tiny,
I see u r as impatient as the rest of us. Truck's gonna look good. I like to see them that way I wanna get out there & get 'er done!!!

BoB

Yep i'm very impatient lol I'm ready to ride but still have a long way to go yet .. Man its hot here hard to get much done

Man its hot here hard to get much done

Tiny,
Tell me!!! It was in the upper 90's here & humid big time! I was buffing 1 of my cars up a little bit & B4 long was drenched solid. Hard to get lots of work done like that but I just scored a big fan!!!

BoB

Progress looks good Tiny,
If you insist on getting out in the heat and doing all this work, Play it smart and drink plenty of water. Today won't be bad at all.
Good luck man...

Did you ever find that junk yard around Ozark or did you give up?

I've been non stop working of the truck. Didn't realize how much time it took making brackets and mounts. Here is a few shots of the rear end. Still have to make shock mounts yet and weight jacks.

Attachments

• rearend.jpg
    rearend.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 125
  • rearend 7.JPG
    rearend 7.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 103
  • rearend2.JPG
    rearend2.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 93
  • rearend8.JPG
    rearend8.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 96
  • rearend3.JPG
    rearend3.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 96
thanks BruceR&C. I just about have front axle set now should be rolling by the weekend i hope. Got the rack yesterday

Few updated pics. Its almost a roller

Attachments

• 7307.jpg
    7307.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 90
  • 73070.JPG
    73070.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 73071.JPG
    73071.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 73072.JPG
    73072.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 73073.JPG
    73073.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 115
few more pics. I hope to have it on the ground with cab set on it this weekend to see what it going to look like. (The Twin I Beam Rat mobile )

Attachments

• 73074.JPG
    73074.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 81
  • 73076.JPG
    73076.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 73077.JPG
    73077.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 730712.JPG
    730712.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 730713.JPG
    730713.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 97
Tiny,
Man you have been bustin it haven't you.
All that progress looks real good. I thought my eyes were playin tricks on me at first, but it really is twim I beam front end.

Hats off for thinking "Outside the Box"

Thanks guys I'll be glad when i can go for a ride in it :) I know my buddy is ready to take it for a spin

Pretty trick looking front suspension there Tiny. Good work.

Thanks Gastrick! I didn't think i was going to like it at first but its what my buddy wanted its his truck. I'm just building it. Now after getting it under there i think it may work out OK. I still think I'm going with a drop axle in mine when i start on it.

looking great tiny! you know, i went into kragens on saturday and saw a decal for sale that is the same as your avatar. i thought "hey, that's tinys avatar!" anyways, just wanted everyone to know i spend way too much time online :D

thanks joehalford01 .. lol when i got my first car i had some thrush glass packs on it always loved that woodpecker on them hated to see it get burnt off

Here is a couple more from today.

Attachments

• 006S.JPG
    006S.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 009S.JPG
    009S.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 011S.JPG
    011S.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 127
Thanks guys!!

I couldn't have done it without the help of Donsrod ,Tripper, bonehead,Gastrick ,Wiseguy, lakota and many others who answered all my question before i started thanks again guys for all your help. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back