1960 Ford Ranch Wagon - Long Roof

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenlegs

Well, it seems I'm at it again. My last two builds, I started, got burned out or distracted, and sold them to clear my garage. It seems there is a struggle within, between the artsy side, and logic with the result being a long wave length of confusion or denial. So maybe this time it will be different, and I'll finish a build.

Past builds:
Heirloom Headache - 1928 Hupmobile Century 6

1969 F100 - The Lincoln marriage

On another forum I built a single wheel motorcycle trailer to haul my camping gear. (this would be some of my distraction from the 4wheel builds).
ADVrider - Single wheel motorcycle trailer, sport touring, fiberglass edition

Anyway, here's the project:
2mexyxh.jpg

i6jfok.jpg

308gubr.jpg

oqinh3.jpg

hs00md.jpg

al545j.jpg

3sqky.jpg

The previous owner decided to thin the herd but not before collecting all the parts needed to make this one complete. He also sat an EFI 5.0 and overdrive tranny in place. I'm thinking of using a 03 up Crown Vic front clip. Anyone had any experience with this in relation to this year of frame? Seems like the way to go, but I've just started to research it.

Looks like a great start.[cl.
I have owned several wagons since I bought my first on back in 1975.:eek:
Back then they weren't considered cool(other then the Nomads) and could be picked up fairly cheap. Great everyday drivers and always used mine as such.
Keep us updated...[P [P [P
Torchie

Looks like a fun project. Earthman's suggestion is one I could love if you did it. One of my first cars was a '57 Ranch Wagon. Same color!

Have fun with it, and don't worry about what may happen some day.

Where on the Warrior River are you chickenlegs? Close to Jasper? I'm over in Berry, Fayette county...

Neat wagon, too.

Alright so I've made a little progress. The donor vehicle ended up needing a fuel pump, so I dropped the tank and replaced it. The Explorer cranked as if it were daily driven. BaBaaam!

I also sold my motorcycle :eek: Its a little weird not have a bike, but I am ready for a change.

I've cleaned out the wagon and sorted through the parts that came with it. It seems most everything is there including a replacement passenger qtr, and passenger rocker panel. Now I just have to finish the current project, a floating pier. It kind of resembles a jungle gym.

5y6blx.jpg

Latest posts

Back