'48 Chevy pickup.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sideshow Bob

Sorry about the pics guys, I finally learnt how to resize them and then got them to post and then lost them in cyberspace. so I will have another go.
Not real flash at this computer stuff yet.

This particular vehicle was a factory RHD car built at the Holden plant. They had a couple of differences to the U.S built 46-48 sedans, such as a split rear window and I think a different firewall. Not that it means too much now.

When I find the original photos I will post and scan them, showing the car as it was found and the progress into a butchered pickup on a one tonner frame.

Cheers, Bob.

Attachments

• 48 chev 3.6.07 010.jpg
    48 chev 3.6.07 010.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 48 chev 3.6.07 011.jpg
    48 chev 3.6.07 011.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 48 chev 015.jpg
    48 chev 015.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 48 chev 3.6.07 015.jpg
    48 chev 3.6.07 015.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 77
Nice job converting that sedan to a pick up. That should be one sweet ride when you get it done. Keep them build pics comin'

BAD stance!!!

Slideshow,
Thanks for sharin' u're photos... I LOVE IT!!! I especially like the shot looking straight on @ the front. That really looks bad & I love the stance! Can't wait to see how u finish up the rear!

BoB

That's cool. I actually had the front view pic of it saved in my stash from when you posted it on another board. Neat truck for sure Bob.

more pics!

Back again,
hoped to spend the day out in the shed tacking the floor in but I ran out of argon last night and can't get more until tomorrow morning.

I finally found the original pics of when we first bought it home so I scanned a few. After resizing the quality isn't brilliant but you guys will get the idea.

In the pics you will notice that the back corners of the cab are made from the rear door skins. I just "lobster backed" them with the grinder, bent them around at the desired radius and tacked them back together with the mig.

The rear sections of the doors were made from the front section of the opposite side rear door and pieces of the rear doors window frames were used to make up the extra length needed due to the top chop.

Tried to use as much steel out of the original car as possible to save money and keep the ratty look on all of the mods.

Enough rambling, Here are some more pics.

Cheers, Bob.

P.s I must have tampered with something and can't see any pics on any posts, including my own. Does anyone know what I can do to rectify it?
Thanks in advance. Bob.

Attachments

• Picking up '48 from Pete 002.jpg
    Picking up '48 from Pete 002.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Picking up '48 from Pete 001.jpg
    Picking up '48 from Pete 001.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 62

Latest posts

Back