I'm Gonna Build A Dragster!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strips usually open in April here but suffer rain/snow postponements a lot. We won't get out 'til the middle of June.

Bob, you have done about all you can for weight reduction and a bit more HP with the new headers. [cl

Do you have the transbrake hooked up and will Dave use it on all starts?

To help with that 10.99 or better goal make sure those slicks are not killing the start RPM's, add a bit of air to them if they are.:D

Bit hard to paint when it as cold as it has been:(

Yes Tom, Dave is in love with the trans brake. Hasn't got the reaction times figured out yet though.
10 degrees this morning. But the garage is warm enough. Now painting floor panels.

Bob- Reaction time only goes in the win/lose column. Leaving on 3000 RPM helps with that 10.99 ET goal. Glad Dave is online with the trans brake.[P

Nice you have a warm shop to paint & work on your projects. Good painting [cl

The dragster might even be ready by July.:D

Rustoleum and a 2" chip brush (buy 'em by the dozen) and the engine and trans are shiny again.

First of May the Dermatologist Doc is going to cut on my face again. Found more stuff. Not dangerous but no fun.

Attachments

• IMG_3194.jpg
    IMG_3194.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 28
Let's hope the weather is nice for your first outing this season so you can make that 10.99. [cl[cl[cl

Will be nice seeing that shiny complete motor & trans back in the dragster chassis with the new headers. Are you going to run a single Holley 4BBL on it? Is this the same carb Dave made his best 11.** sec ET last year? Best of luck.:)

I got these 17" narrow lightweight rims for almost nothing. Two of the nostalgia races we go to won't allow them. Too modern. They do allow Moon discs. I'm hoping the discs I made (right side of the pic.) will pass muster.

Attachments

• IMG_3195.jpg
    IMG_3195.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 23
Nice looking wheel covers. [cl

Well even if they won't pass muster I am sure they would let you run them one time and tell you what you need fore the next race.

Maybe paint the covers the same yellow as the chassis. ;)

Yes Tom, I was thinking of doing something "arty" with the front wheel covers.

I finished welding on some new brackets and ground welds off where old bracket were removed.

Only thing more boring than watching paint dry is watching paint being sanded off. That's what I'll be doing for a few days. Hopefully, Driver Dave will never have the dragster in this position.

Attachments

• IMG_3196.jpg
    IMG_3196.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3197.jpg
    IMG_3197.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 20
Ya Bob, that is one position you don't want to be in on any pass.:mad:

Stick with it, fresh paint always looks better. Then you can have the joy of putting it all back together. ;)

Noonee

The little woman had a new bionic knee installed Monday. By a robot. Why, I'll be dipped! I'm Nurse Bob for a while. A wife in pain is not a pretty sight. Barking orders at me like a Drill Instructor.

I'll get back to the solitude of the shop pretty soon, I hope.

All kidding aside, it went well and she is doing just fine.

Speaking of the weather, the heavy, wet snow with high winds last week played havoc with my trees. Lots of broken limbs and branches. Big Spring clean up this year.

Frame is 95% stripped.

I know the feeling Bob, my wife had a new hip joint put in by one of those newfangled robots! My job was whatever she wanted until she got up and around!
Hope your wife gets over it soon with little problems.

Well Bob, able to get any new color on that chassis in the last few weeks?

I know the weather is a big factor doing paint in your area.

Southern CA has had more rain in the last few months than in the last 5 years.
Maybe a few less fires this summer & fall. Let's hope so. :)

The little woman picked up a bacterial infection and has been living in the bathroom. No fun for either of us. The knee is progressing nicely.

I stripped the frame, got it in primer and brushed the first coat of John Deere yellow on it. Looks terrible but the second coat brings it around.

Had a pair of Sand Hill Cranes visit. They sure are noisy. I hope they move on.

Attachments

• IMG_3200.jpg
    IMG_3200.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3199.jpg
    IMG_3199.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back