Wheel question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vht

I got a set of the old torque thrust, 5 spoke wheels, 14x7. they are 4 3/4 bolt pattern, and have been glass beaded, pretty good shape. Wonder what they are worth? I was going to put them on my 51 Dodge, gm drive train, but I have 3.42 gears and the tallest tire I can find is 26 in unless you go with Coker. I'd like to find some steel wheels, 15x8 and 15x6 and run the small caps and rings. 2 of the wheels have a new set of 215/75 radials on them. I checked on ebay and the prices are over the place. Give me some ideas and I'll stick them on Craigslist.

It seems to me that 14s are not selling well right now. If you have space and time, it might be better to put them on the shelf, and just go find your 15s. Maybe the 14s will come back into style, then they will be gold. Well aluminum anyway. They are pretty wheels. I have a couple of them, and a bunch of 200s's in 14 & 15. I think they still look good on smaller cars. But I am not a big fan of wheels taller than 16. Call me old school.

Not much help, I know. Prices are all over the map as you say. They are worth what you can get.

On the 14's most will not clear the disc brake calipers, one reason people shy away from them.
Try yours on a vehicle with disc brakes and see, if they clear the calipers you can advertise them that way to your customer.
I have a pair of 14" slotted mags that will clear the calipers which makes them worth a little more and much easier to sell too.

They were on a early GTO with disc, once up on a time. I'm going to stick them on craigslist and hope for the best. Skip, I'll call you old school, or whatever. I'm glad to see someone with my same thoughts. They take a nice car and stick a set of ALL WHEEL, and no tire on it. To each his own but I don't understand it.

Well, I put them on Craigslist lasdt night for $300, a guy drove for over 2 hrs and give me $250. That was a surprise, but I'm not complaining.

Another update, just bought a real nice set of the 5 spoke Rockets, they are the vintage wheel, 5 spoke, 3 ribs on the spokes and knock off spinners, complete with bullet lug nuts and new tires for $500. Maybe my luck is changing.

Nice score. Pictures would be cool. I am pretty sure which wheels you got, but pics will tell... Sounds like you scored. The seller likely wanted to put some 20s on his car. :D

Picking them up this week end. The guy is old school and only fools with 55-57 chevies. He was asking $600 and I didn't think he would take a dime less. I told him $500 and he said yes. The thing was I would of give $600.

i have cut the back side of wheels in the past to clear calipers, don't know it yours has enough meat but it didn't take much on the ones i did.

Latest posts

Back