Possible new project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a 351W and a T5 into a 59 2 years ago. The mounts are a simple bolt in for that swap. You can have the SBC ones out in about 10 min...

They're welded in, might take a little longer. And not just the mounts, the driveshaft is right and the exhaust would bolt right up. Plus a good 283 is laying under cover, don't have to buy it or pull it out. At the rate I get things done, that amounts to several days work and more money to switch back to a Ford.

Sounds like a plan!

They're welded in, might take a little longer. And not just the mounts, the driveshaft is right and the exhaust would bolt right up. Plus a good 283 is laying under cover, don't have to buy it or pull it out. At the rate I get things done, that amounts to several days work and more money to switch back to a Ford.

Slap that 283 in there and don't open the hood while out in public! [ddd

We certainly won't tell anyone ... ;)

It was originally a 6 banger according to the data plate, and has (had?) a 3.89 gear. I might try to find the little overdrive tranny, 200R4?

200r4 is the weakest overdrive but would be fine in a stock set up. The 700r4 is more common and a little stronger.

Latest posts

Back