All in the Family Cars

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta ask....

This was my first ride. 1942 made by Ford for the war effort. Wish I had the brass dash plate. Delivered to U.S. Army June 6, 1942. Every bolt on it had the Ford embossed. Pix were taken in 1967. I was 16 and my Pop had signed for me at 15 to buy it. I learned alot about mechanicing on that one...

Not exactly the norm for a first car....what made you chose that? Secondly...that second shot at the lake....did you hunt crocks or gators? :D

DMW56 is correct on the gun racks. Sarge, I've always been an outdoorsy sorta guy I guess. Jeeps were big on my block. The second pic by the tent was taken at a place called Marshall's Bluff on the St. Johns River. Unlike nowadays, gator hunting was forbidden as they had been mistakenly put on the endangered species list. Now they have quota hunts for them. Anybody that lived down here knew they were never endangered although lots of poaching went on. The hides sold for more when they were illegal than they do now with all the idiocy regulations. Crocks? hmmm none around here. You'd have to get down near the everglades before getting into areas they exist in Florida.

Pic of a pic. My late maternal Grandpa and his 40 Ford. Taken sometime in the late 40's or early 50's, not sure. Have a later pic of him and his AD series truck. I never knew him, he died before I was born. Not sure why the bottom of the pic frame looks curved, it is actually straight....

Pic of a pic. My late maternal Grandpa and his 40 Ford. Taken sometime in the late 40's or early 50's, not sure. Have a later pic of him and his AD series truck. I never knew him, he died before I was born. Not sure why the bottom of the pic frame looks curved, it is actually straight....

That is a cool pic Bama! Talking about the bent frame and how cameras do crazy stuff??? Check out the woman screaming to get out from behind the plastic to the left of your pic.:D

LOL I had the little Jeep from Sky King back in those days. There's a pic somewhere, but I have no idea where! Must be in a box with all the other old pics I haven't seen in years... I figure I'll dig into it when I get old. :D

Funny how things come to you later when you can't remember at the time. Was talking to earthman and bingo! It was "Nellybelle!" :D

Funny how things come to you later when you can't remember at the time. Was talking to earthman and bingo! It was "Nellybelle!" :D

Wasn't Nellybelle the jeep from Roy Rogers? The hired hand Pat drove it.....at least he drove it when it would start.

Went hunting and found these. I don't remember Bullet the dog though.

Attachments

• rgrs-r25.jpg
    rgrs-r25.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 23
  • nellybelle_thumb.jpg
    nellybelle_thumb.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 21
That is a cool pic Bama! Talking about the bent frame and how cameras do crazy stuff??? Check out the woman screaming to get out from behind the plastic to the left of your pic.:D

That is actually a ceramic lamp, smallfoot. Just some kind of weird reflection I guess.

Latest posts

Back