Private Collection in Las Vegas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
I was in Las Vegas over the week end and checked out a private car collection. The guy was in the demolition business and apparently has done very well.

The coolest thing in his collection was these Schwinn Stingrays Krates. He had one of each. Gray Ghost, Lemon Peeler, Pea Picker, Orange Krate, and Apple Krate. I wanted one of these so bad back in the day!

NICE!!!

I've been in the excavation/demolition business for awhile now and I'm obviously doing it all wrong!!

wow what a collection[dr. i remember them bikes always wanted one. the beer truck model was in my collection many times, and that twin engine t i believe i saw it years ago in a hot rod or car craft mag. thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
I've toured his collection before also. I don't think the Schwinn's are the coolest thing, but that's just personal preference. When I was there last April he personally gave us the tour and showed us a lot of cool stuff. Really cool guy and incredible collection!

He started up a few of the loudest ones for us, it was pretty awesome.

I've toured his collection before also. I don't think the Schwinn's are the coolest thing, but that's just personal preference. When I was there last April he personally gave us the tour and showed us a lot of cool stuff. Really cool guy and incredible collection!

He started up a few of the loudest ones for us, it was pretty awesome.

The owner wasn't there when went. But I got the tour from his mechanic. "Coolest" is a figure of speech. I thought everything in there was "cool" it's just that I've wanted a Schwinn Krate bike since I was 12 years old.

The owner wasn't there when went. But I got the tour from his mechanic. "Coolest" is a figure of speech. I thought everything in there was "cool" it's just that I've wanted a Schwinn Krate bike since I was 12 years old.

My dad has been 3 times and always the tour was given by someone different. I believe it was the daughter the first time, then the mechanic, and the last time was Art Goldstrom himself. That was a great tour.

Latest posts

Back