Rat Rod Trucks

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob your right it is a truck and I guess it's a little rattie [cl

Sprint%202-15_zpsvx0w4omv.jpg

Soltz... that is a wicked lookin' Elky!!! How much did u lower that top?!

BoB

Some of you will remember this 51 Chevy.
I built this for another person.
It showed back up last Thursday for a taller set of 2.73 gears and a tranny bearing replace, M21 Muncie 4 speed.
He put beauty rings and center caps on it since it had left.

Attachments

• IMG_20150223_141649689 (Small).jpg
    IMG_20150223_141649689 (Small).jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 38
The truck that almost was ...

P7080193_zps528e49cd.jpg

This is as far as I got on the Hodge Podge project before I had to sell the body to pay the bills. It was darn close to running! But have no fear, there IS going to be another, and perhaps sooner than later! :D

Soltz... that is a wicked lookin' Elky!!! How much did u lower that top?!

BoB

Thanks Bob, 5 inches on the top, and now I know way you don't see many. [;)

Not a lot of folks notice the bed is bobbed 15 inches behind the rear wheels. [S

OH and by the way it's a GMC "Sprint" :rolleyes:

when I was younger I new where there was a 3 wheeled Harley frame and in front of that was a chevy just like the white one AZRod showed and also had a car that the front windshield and steering wheel opened to get in it ... also had a Sears and Roebuck bulldozer there .. I had no clue they were worth anything ... could have bought the truck and trike frame for junk price ...

A few pictures back Tripper had a Ranchero with an FE on here and it triggered my memories. I made ratty shop truck in the early eighties. It looks like a 78 Ford. The motor is a an FE, but a unique one, it has 410 cu. in., high compression pistons [11 to one] and headers. I took off the high, Mercury lettered valve covers and had them chromed, but never got them back on before the motor blew a valve seat, which mushroomed a piston, which split the cylinder wall open.
The truck always pulled pretty good, but pinged on regular gas, and it worked a lot as it was my grain truck for 20 years with a wooden box on it, and then I turned it into my trailer puller.

Attachments

• 78Ford one ton.jpg
    78Ford one ton.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 55
when I was younger I new where there was a 3 wheeled Harley frame and in front of that was a chevy just like the white one AZRod showed and also had a car that the front windshield and steering wheel opened to get in it ... also had a Sears and Roebuck bulldozer there .. I had no clue they were worth anything ... could have bought the truck and trike frame for junk price ...

For which we all share a moment of silence and reminisce ...

I just slouch down in it and wear safety glasses. I can run 80 down the interstate and not catch much wind.

I've built a few trucks in the last 10 years. Here's a '35 International with a 250 Chevy 6 and a 4 speed.

Last edited:

'40 Plymouth. 305 SBC, 700r4 trans, MII front suspension, S10 rear end and springs.

Unfortunately I have sold all three to finance other projects.

More Rat Rod Truck Spam ...

Ratty and Raunchy! :D

20130623_113317_zpsqosal4h6.jpg

Think the clear coat ruins the patina?

10654058_811209488910402_562535953_n_zpszd7cckpp.jpg

One for the Ford fans:

Angry%20Bird%20resized_zpsu6y9dn8x.jpg

And one more, a bitchin' combo:

flatrat_zps7da20023.jpg

Latest posts

Back