Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got tired of running brake lines on the roadster pickup so I finished the seats. Mounted them on 2 1/2" risers. There's enough headroom to have 3" of cushion on the seat bottoms. That should make them more chair-like which in turn should create more leg room. Also finished closing in the rear wheel wells. By removing the second roll bar hoop there is now full access to the door opening. Should be a little easier to get in and out of the little critter.

Attachments

• Bantam Seats 001.jpg
    Bantam Seats 001.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Bantam Seats 002.jpg
    Bantam Seats 002.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 50
Anything that gets you up off of the floor has got to make it better getting out of. That's what makes getting out of the dragster so hard. Are you going to use a swing out door cage bar to make it even better? I ran one on my 1965 corvette bracket car I ran and it was way better getting in & out.

I bought a swing out door bar kit a while ago, Tom. In my quest to keep making changes to this project and never get it done, now considering sticking the gas tank out behind, like a '32 Ford. The tank pictured in only 5.5 gallons so I would have to get one 33" long. It is quite vulnerable out in the open like that so maybe some guards would be smart. Do you guys think it looks okay?

Attachments

• Intake and Tank 003.jpg
    Intake and Tank 003.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Intake and Tank 004.jpg
    Intake and Tank 004.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 51
I like the tank in the rear look, but your right it needs a little protection. As this is going to be a combination street / race car what about bending up a 1/2" or 3/4" old school tube bumper for a bit of protection? You will come up with something cool, you always do. [P

Good looking build. I'm glad I'm not the only one that works a day on something and then cuts it all back out.

The tank is a little too big for the front and way too small for the rear. I ordered a stainless steel tank from Speedway on Monday and it arrived today. I was afraid it would look overly large on the little car but it seems okay. Now, to make some brackets. Thinking about some nerf bars to protect the tank.

Attachments

• tank and intake 005.jpg
    tank and intake 005.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 48
  • tank and intake 006.jpg
    tank and intake 006.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 57
That looks good Bob. Before, it kinda had that grasshopper, froggy look in the rear, like it was fixing to jump. :D The size goes well with those big tires.

Latest posts

Back