28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Build on, Dozer. I sure like it when you creative guys haven't read the 'how to book', so you don't know, that can't be done. Build on.

That could be my problem no one told me I couldn't do it. :rolleyes:

Looking good Glen.

Thanks Gunz, Might head to Swift with the Essex a little later today.

I'm seeing pinstriped suits and dudes with hardware when I look at this most amazing build. Fabulous!

Thanks Burgerman

[dr

the car looks great[cl[dr

PS, l like the 4 into 2 doors builds, kinda fond of those after doing 3 of them with a lot help from friends.

Later:cool:

Thanks Skull, are any of those builds on the site?

yep

Skull '' l like the 4 into 2 doors builds, kinda fond of those after doing 3 of them with a lot help from friends.''

the green mopar street legal race car was a 1948 4 door & a few of what it looked like before & after we finished the 3Oish dodge. both build threads are on the site.

the funky chassis were using ford touring 4 door bodies and attaching them to THAT and if you look at the mock-up the bottom part of the body still has a rear door remnant hanging out by the quarter panel [;)

AND now back to the original thread:rolleyes:

Later :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0728.jpg
    IMG_0728.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Elma-WA-Heat-On-The-Street-003.jpg
    Elma-WA-Heat-On-The-Street-003.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 111craigs list stuff 363.jpg
    111craigs list stuff 363.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 111craigs list stuff 359.jpg
    111craigs list stuff 359.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 01 outside 003.jpg
    01 outside 003.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Elma-WA-Heat-On-The-Street-002.jpg
    Elma-WA-Heat-On-The-Street-002.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC00925.jpg
    DSC00925.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 01 outside 002.jpg
    01 outside 002.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0730.jpg
    IMG_0730.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 37
Man I wish I was going to be around. Running back to Saskatoon.
Found a decent gig up there and going to make the move. I’ll be back in Speedy creek this coming weekend though if you decide to make the trip in, let me know.

I`d say you totally nailed it on looks and stance [dr:cool:[cl

Thanks Dutch

Skull '' l like the 4 into 2 doors builds, kinda fond of those after doing 3 of them with a lot help from friends.''

the green mopar street legal race car was a 1948 4 door & a few of what it looked like before & after we finished the 3Oish dodge. both build threads are on the site.

the funky chassis were using ford touring 4 door bodies and attaching them to THAT and if you look at the mock-up the bottom part of the body still has a rear door remnant hanging out by the quarter panel [;)

AND now back to the original thread:rolleyes:

Later :cool:

Cool oh ya :cool:

Man I wish I was going to be around. Running back to Saskatoon.
Found a decent gig up there and going to make the move. I’ll be back in Speedy creek this coming weekend though if you decide to make the trip in, let me know.

It was an awesome day for a drive, shoot me a PM with your ph # I may have company this weekend if they don't show up I'll come up again.

More progress. Got all the old front and rear motor mounts, spring hanger mounts, and front cross member out. Boy are those factory rivets a B&t$h to get out. Between the steel and rivets I took off I think there might be enough good steel to build half a Prius.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bud Light came to the rescue for the drivers side pattern.lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of frame boxing 002.JPG
    Resize of frame boxing 002.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 104
  • Resize of frame boxing 003.JPG
    Resize of frame boxing 003.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Resize of frame boxing 004.JPG
    Resize of frame boxing 004.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Resize of frame boxing 005.JPG
    Resize of frame boxing 005.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Resize of frame boxing 006.JPG
    Resize of frame boxing 006.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Resize of frame boxing 007.JPG
    Resize of frame boxing 007.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Resize of frame boxing 008.JPG
    Resize of frame boxing 008.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Resize of frame boxing 009.JPG
    Resize of frame boxing 009.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Resize of frame boxing 010.JPG
    Resize of frame boxing 010.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 100
You probably remember the warning from Dr. Crank, just before you weld in your front axle, 'make sure you can adjust your caster enough'. You might have to tip the M2 cross-member back a little bit. Otherwise, keep on building, I'm waiting for more stuff happening in your shop. [cl[P[cl[P

You probably remember the warning from Dr. Crank, just before you weld in your front axle, 'make sure you can adjust your caster enough'. You might have to tip the M2 cross-member back a little bit. Otherwise, keep on building, I'm waiting for more stuff happening in your shop. [cl[P[cl[P

Oh Yes and I have read those page of his build three times already. I will be reaching out to the Doc before the arc flashes. :D

Looking good! [cl
I'm old school on the rivets. Grind off the heads, then a BFH and a pointed punch.
I took enough out of my Ford frame to rebuild the Titanic.:eek:
Torchie

Frame's looking good! This should be interesting. :)

Thanks animal

Looks great.
I ended up buying a Matco long barrel air hammer to chisel off the rivets, works killer.

Thanks OI, I have a good air chisel but even after removing the heads these did not want to come out.

Anytime, Dozer. You know my number!

Huck bolt killer. ;)

I do so:D

Looking good! [cl
I'm old school on the rivets. Grind off the heads, then a BFH and a pointed punch.
I took enough out of my Ford frame to rebuild the Titanic.:eek:
Torchie

Thanks Torchie

Latest posts

Back