Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect!! Now if you get the new phone all figured out you're doing better than me. I do know it's not good to drop one in the Koi fish pond.
Do your magic on the old Dodge.

Right On Misses Torchie [cl :cool:

Don't encourage her OI.

Day and night difference! [cl

I have to keep this one clean good Dr.

Perfect!! Now if you get the new phone all figured out you're doing better than me. I do know it's not good to drop one in the Koi fish pond.
Do your magic on the old Dodge.

This one is set up just like my old one so it's been pretty easy for me so far POPS. I am concerned about dropping it though.I need to get a case with grips as the one Mrs T got is kind of slippery.
Don't know how much will get done in the next few days as my oldest is coming home for a visit. I haven's seen her in two years.:eek:
Way too long....
Torchie

Thanks gang
Not planning on getting much done while she is here although I am told that she and her sister have some plans. So we will see.
She is coming off of a 6 weeks stretch of 72 hour work weeks so hopefully she will get some rest
Torchie

Family first, I say. That Mopar's been waiting for your touch a long time. It'll wait a bit longer.

As for the boat works, it's time to get that sanding dust out of your system.

:cool::cool::cool:
It always leaves a hollow spot when ya haven't seen one of your children in a while :(
Enjoy the visit and take full advantage of it :)

Thanks all.
2 years has been the longest stretch with out seeing her. Even when she was on tour( Entertainment industry ) overseas.
My oldest is the one that is probably most like me. She also has the "Wanderlust" that I had when i was younger. As my Mother used to say to me.'When it comes to going on a trip. You are always the first one packed." :)

While waiting to go to the airport I did a little day dreaming on the Dodge.
To put skirts on her(and have them look right) I will need to extend the lower rear edge of the rear fender as it is higher then the front lower edge.

I will either have to lower the rear bumper placement or build a pan the goes under the rear bumper to tie this all in.
Thanks for visiting.....
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_4486.JPG
    IMG_4486.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4505.jpg
    IMG_4505.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4507.jpg
    IMG_4507.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4509.jpg
    IMG_4509.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 30
Ok...... Before everyone comes after me with pitch forks be aware that upon my return from an early AM Drs. appointment I found that the house was empty (except for the dogs and the cat) and left a note explaining that I would be left to my own devices for most of the day.
That being said. [ddd
Hung up a barrier between the boat project and the custom project. I will still be working on the boat. Most likely a day on one followed by a day on the other.
Then I shot some rattle can over the one side of the body. I don't want any distractions to the eye so when I chop this I can really see the flow of the top.
Plus I couldn't take the "Flamed" hood any longer. And now it looks like a "true " Rat Rod.[dr [cl :cool:
Off to meet the ladies for dinner.
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_4513.jpg
    IMG_4513.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4514.jpg
    IMG_4514.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4515.jpg
    IMG_4515.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4516.jpg
    IMG_4516.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 31
I'm a student of history. Everything that I have ever been interested in, I like to learn the "Where. What. Why.When and how of it all.
If you look back at the pics that George Barris took of their customs you will usually find at least one of Sam Barris with the car and in the same pose.
This pose came to be known as "Sam's Lean" in custom circles.
So here is my "Sam's lean" pictures. Plus these pics give a good scale as I am six foot two.(Used to be six -three but I think one of the surgeons took out an inch.[ddd ) I will do some after the chop too.
Off to spend the afternoon with the wife and Both daughters.
Thanks for coming over......
Torchie

Attachments

• sam2_13tF_1.jpg
    sam2_13tF_1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4518.jpg
    IMG_4518.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4520.jpg
    IMG_4520.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 31
Torchie's lean. Love it! :D

Side note: Pic 3 reminds me of what I named my Plymouth. For obvious reasons, "Fat Bottom Girl". [ddd

Torchie's lean. Love it! :D

Side note: Pic 3 reminds me of what I named my Plymouth. For obvious reasons, "Fat Bottom Girl". [ddd

Lol The Dodge's not quite as “bootylishish” as the Plymouth given the longer wheel base. But as someone once said of my bass playing, “ There’s a whole lot of bottom going on there.”:eek:

Latest posts

Back