Yeah this jumped on my trailer (act II)...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
Soo... long story short I was over at a good friend of mine's house and he had this monte sitting there. I had installed the SS headers and exhaust about 3 years ago for him. The car belonged to another friend of his that never settled up for the engine and exhaust that was put into it. My friend had covered my costs for the exhaust. So the other friend gave it to my friend. He wanted the mild vortec 350 SBC that was in it for a K10 he is building (heads cut for LT1 springs, ZZ4 cam, roller rockers and lifters, etc that he sold to the guy before). Long story short I got the rest for $1500 with the SS headers, exhaust, 4L80E trans, G Force cross member, Lokar shifter yada yada yada. Body is 95% clean same with the interior. Right Rear floor has pin holes from leaking T roofs. Needs sun visors...and a motor...Humm...:D

Wow... those are pretty rare & you definitely stole it! Worked with a girl that had one & it got stolen 4 times in 2 months so she sold it! Beautiful!!!

After I got the LS3 in my Chevelle I saw one at a red light & thought I'd have some fun... pulled up next to it & there was a cop in uniform driving it... figured I better not press my luck! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Soo... long story short I was over at a good friend of mine's house and he had this monte sitting there. I had installed the SS headers and exhaust about 3 years ago for him. The car belonged to another friend of his that never settled up for the engine and exhaust that was put into it. My friend had covered my costs for the exhaust. So the other friend gave it to my friend. He wanted the mild vortec 350 SBC that was in it for a K10 he is building (heads cut for LT1 springs, ZZ4 cam, roller rockers and lifters, etc that he sold to the guy before). Long story short I got the rest for $1500 with the SS headers, exhaust, 4L80E trans, G Force cross member, Lokar shifter yada yada yada. Body is 95% clean same with the interior. Right Rear floor has pin holes from leaking T roofs. Needs sun visors...and a motor...Humm...:D

Turbo LS!!!!

Nice buy!

I wanted one of those when they were new, never could afford it. They make nice cruisers.

Me too! Not many cars have really caught my interest since the early eighties except for the Monte SS and the Chrysler 300C Like Bama, I couldn't afford a Monte SS when they first came out but I did however buy my daughter one for her first car in the spring of 2000. Her husband had gotten one for his first car a year earlier so they had matching cars when they met and when they married..

Both are '84s and both are currently sitting in my driveway until the garage is finished at the Paradise Road project where they will someday get a complete redo.

As for the Chrysler 300C, my daughter got one in 2007.....so once again the kid gets one instead of me! :( However I did correct that earlier this year when I bought Mrs. Snakefarm this 2010 Hemi AWD :D

Congrats on the Monte score! Glad to see a car guy get one instead of a dirt tracker....don't know how it is everywhere else but you wouldn't believe how many of the Montes end up as dirt track cars around here. :(

Nice story Snakefarm! This is the second Monte SS I've owned and yes the first one I bought with a blown motor too...Lol. [S
It will be, well lets see, the 3,4 6th? or was it 7th? G Body that I have owned over the years. Buddies and I bench raced and came to the conclusion that due to the overwhelming mountain of current projects it will just get a warmed over 350 SBC and the wife and I can cruise it with ease. :rolleyes:
Strong contenders were 5.3L turbo LS motor (1 track mind I know!), Fresh 454 BBC sitting on the stand, Cadillac 500, 5.7L aluminum LS1 and a slew of SBC's in various states of disrepair.

Long story short it is now running with a ZZ4 copy 350 SBC. On top of that my son wanted it so we swapped his Buell for this (and a little cash to keep him honest!:D) He / we should have it on the road here in another 2 weeks or so. [P

Long story short it is now running with a ZZ4 copy 350 SBC. On top of that my son wanted it so we swapped his Buell for this (and a little cash to keep him honest!:D) He / we should have it on the road here in another 2 weeks or so. [P

Rocking.

I am that friend that he got this from, glad to know it's back to cruising.

Latest posts

Back