48 buick LS9 drivetrain

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
anyone see this? It was built by Icon and is called the Derelict 48. It is running a 700 HP LS9 motor in it. The exterior was just as they found it in the barn. Sweet!

Attachments

• 48 buick.jpg
    48 buick.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 89
Extreme build. I can appreciate the hard work(& money ) put into the car. Only thing that looks out of place are the wheels. They just don't fit the overall look really to me[S. It needs older looking and maybe more chrome on the wheels. I get they were trying to match the top and interior but I don't think that's necessary, but great car otherwise.

I like the way they tried to hide the modern stuff like the radio. I'm doing mine in a similar fashion, it looks stock inside and out, until you look closely....

Would this have come with the straight 8? I know it is "the client's" money and right to do whatever he wants to pay for, but other than making it a safer driver (brakes, etc), I think I would have left it alone or repaired what needed it. That's just me ...

Kooool!!! Guy here in Tejas has a hardtop version with a Viper V-10 under the hood! Guess you could call it a sleeper except for maybe the exhaust noise! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

The wheels do look slightly out of place to me too. Maybe use a set that look like hubcaps with wide whtes but are actually large diameter wheels with modern tires?

anyone see this? It was built by Icon and is called the Derelict 48. It is running a 700 HP LS9 motor in it. The exterior was just as they found it in the barn. Sweet!
Is this the same builder that did the old DeSoto wagon that was featured on Jay Leno website? Nice ride.

Would this have come with the straight 8? I know it is "the client's" money and right to do whatever he wants to pay for, but other than making it a safer driver (brakes, etc), I think I would have left it alone or repaired what needed it. That's just me ...

To me there's a big difference between a good handling 1948 car and a good handling modern car. This is now a good handling modern car that you can take anywhere, really enjoy driving, and will be just as reliable as any new car off the lot. A car like this is much more useful to me this way that in stock form. I wouldn't personally spend the multi-hundred thousand dollars that they've put into it, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Is this the same builder that did the old DeSoto wagon that was featured on Jay Leno website? Nice ride.

Yes it is. They've done several now, you can check them all out on their website RIGHT HERE.

Nice car but it looks to me like you'd have pull the body back off to remove the driveshaft.

Blue

I would hope on a $200K+ car that the need to remove the driveshaft is very rare, but it doesn't look like it couldn't come out the bottom with persuasion.

Latest posts

Back