1955 Ford C600 Cabover

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got r done!

It's Friday!
We got both bodies off today!!! The van only snagged twice but it was sumthin simple to get loose. It went much better than I expected.

Buford came off VERY easy. My friend brought one of his wreckers and a big ol' boy and they were a great help.

Here are some pics. Man, look at my friends workin their butts off. I am so blessed to have the friends I have. Thank you Scott, Gary, Jack, Jeff and wrecker guys: Joel and Jimmy.

I tried to send some pics earlier today but they wouldn't go. I'm gonna try again.

Nope....pics wouldn't go! I'm gonna put em on Photobucket.
http://s945.photobucket.com/albums/ad297/shakey56/1955 FORD COE BUILD/

Thanks

Pictures look good buddy. Just remember when you get yours on the road we have to do mine.

51coe005.jpg

looks like a good start for a fun build....

will be awaiting regular updates---no excuses, you already mentioned you had a/c in your shop!;)

[P[P[P[P

HAH!

HEY RAWRODS. Wait a minute....."I do mine and WE do yours?" That ain't right!!! LOL

Yeah, Preacher, I got a/c. Little 10,000 BTU wall unit. It does pretty good til about 3 pm and then it starts losing ground. But I'm an early riser. I'll be in the shop early each day. I'm really anxious to get Buford done and on the road. I guess I'll have to rotate my daily driveing between my Coe and my 56 F100. What a problem to have, huh?

Thanks for your interest. More soon.

very nice! I want to do a cab over some day.. problem is you need a TALL shop... looks like you have that covered

TALL

Yeah mine is 12 feet tall, Corpo. It ain't pretty but I've built a lot of cars in there. 16 x 48. After Buford, I'm gonna get a "pretty" one. LOL

Thanks for your interest.

In da dirt!

Yeah Earthman, I'm gonna set the cab as low as possible. I hope I have to saw 6-8 inches off the bottom of the front fenders to get em off the pavement.....seriously! Won't be too long though. Gonna be a driver....too hard to park, ya know.

Yeah Earthman, I'm gonna set the cab as low as possible. I hope I have to saw 6-8 inches off the bottom of the front fenders to get em off the pavement.....seriously! Won't be too long though. Gonna be a driver....too hard to park, ya know.

Yeah, yeah......Tall AND short, all at the same time!:cool: Build it so it looks like something George Trosley would sketch....:cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

Floor space.

Gonna be a few days before I get Buford inside the shop. Gotta make some floor space! I've got to get rid of about a lifetime of "stuff".....junk!....treasures!!! Shoulda already had it done but..... Gonna brace my rafter and get set up to lift the cab. Old guys are slow but I'm on it every day! Can't wait. I'm not going to do ANYTHING else until it's done.

Thanks for your interest, guys. I'm not nappin'. LOL

Lynn

Still haulin stuff

I ain't nappin....honest. Heard a rumor that you guys like photos! Well, here are some pics of "treasures" I've collected for "Buford".

The step plates are really cool....should look good. The visor, of course.

Not sure if I'll use the airbag or air shocks on the back of the cab for airride suspension

The chrome bezel is, I think, from the center of the rear seat on a 57-58 Chrysler. Look good in the center of the dash? Whataya think?

Attachments

• STEP PLATES 1.jpg
    STEP PLATES 1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 52
  • VISOR.jpg
    VISOR.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 46
  • CAB AIR BAG.jpg
    CAB AIR BAG.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 47
  • CHROME BEZEL.jpg
    CHROME BEZEL.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 52
Wanna see that E150 frame

I think ya got a good idea there ,but I wouldn't think you'd need suspension on the rear of the cab. You can't use airbags without shocks ' it would be bouncing continually. Anyway I'm waiting to see pictures of that frame[;)

Frame 'n' Airride

Thanks Andy. Yeah, you're right bout the airride. Just thought it'd be kinda cool to have an airride cab. Oriiginally, the rear cab mounts are kind of a wishbone bracket mounted in rubber. The cab kinda floated. I gotta make some kinda mount anyway. We'll see what works out.

I'm gonna pressure wash the chassis this weekend. Next week, we're gonna do the timing gear and chain, water pump, etc. I'll get pics of the frame then. Do you need any measurement off the frame? I'm taking measurements from my COE frame, not the E150 because I'm making mounting brackets to fit the COE. I'd be glad to get any info you need.

I think ya got a good idea there ,but I wouldn't think you'd need suspension on the rear of the cab. You can't use airbags without shocks ' it would be bouncing continually. Anyway I'm waiting to see pictures of that frame[;)

Not sure I agree with that. Air bags don't oscillate like a spring. I drive around in a yard dog with only rear cab air bags and there are no rear springs on those - frame straight on the axle. It rides smooth even over 2-3" pot holes. But it also has an air ride seat.

Update

Short update. Pressure washed the E150 motor and chassis over the holiday. A friend and I are going to replace the timing set, water pump, oil pump and valve cover gaskets this week. Ordered parts today...pick em up tomorrow. Still cleaning out the shop. Gotta get it inside to do the engine stuff.....too hot outside!!!

I will post pics of the chassis as soon as I get it so I can get a shot.....next few days.

While the cab is outside, I'm gonna pressure wash it inside and out. I usually start about 6:30 am....ain't too hot at that time.

On the job....ain't nappin'![;)[cl

Latest posts

Back